In this tenth year of the annual ENR Global Best Projects Awards, a panel of industry judges (see list below) selected, from a record number of entries, 34 winning projects located in 18 different countries.
These exemplary projects demonstrate risks and rewards—and hurdles overcome—in designing and building internationally. While some of the projects have been written about before in the pages of ENR, others are being highlighted for the first time.
Reviewing entries in many market sectors, the judges examined design and construction challenges, benefits to local communities and the industry, as well as dedication to quality, innovation and safety and an emphasis on teamwork and collaboration.
For Project of the Year finalists, judges and ENR editors chose three intriguing entries, with one, Google’s Bay View Campus, receiving the top award.
All winning projects were recognized in a virtual awards ceremony, which can be viewed free of charge at enr.com or www.globalbestprojects.com.
ENR 2022 Global Best Projects (PDF)
Vice President, Chief Innovation Officer
Vice President, Global Design Principal
Leo A Daly
Head of Origination and Structuring
Shikun & Binui Concessions USA Inc.
Chairman and CEO
Strategic Program Management
Senior Project Engineer
Engineer and Construction Manager
Watercare Services Ltd.
- Project of the Year and Best Office: Bay View Campus
- Project of the Year Finalist and Best Sports/Entertainment: Tianfu Agricultural Exposition
- Project of the Year Finalist and Best Bridge/Tunnel: Canal Lachine Cable Stay Bridge
- Award of Merit Bridge/Tunnel: 4th Ring Transportation Corridor in Zhengzhou
- Award of Merit Bridge/Tunnel: Nanjing Jiangxinzhou Yangtze River Bridge
- Best Project Government Building: U.S. Embassy Niamey
- Best Project Airport/Port: HaDarom Port
- Award of Merit Airport/Port: Cape Lambert – Jetty and Dolphin Upgrade Project
- Award of Merit Airport/Port: Seaplane Facilities at Velana International Airport
- Best Project Cultural/Worship: Viby Library and Culture Centre
- Award of Merit Cultural/Worship: The Islamic Cultural Center In The New Administrative Capital
- Best Project Education/Research: Wurun Senior Campus
- Award of Merit Education/Research: Grangegorman University
- Best Project Manufacturing: The Chuan Malt Whisky Distillery
- Best Project Health Care: Lakeridge Gardens
- Award of Merit Health Care: National Forensic Mental Health Service (Portrane)
- Award of Merit Health Care: Torre Medica Otay
- Best Project Green Project: Ken Soble Tower - 500 MacNab
- Best Project Rail/Transit: Adly Mansour Transportation Hub
- Best Project Power/Industrial: Ras Ghareb Gulf of Suez 262.5-MW Wind Farm
- Award of Merit Power/Industrial: Samawa 750 MW Combined Cycle Power Plant Project Phase 1
- Best Project Renovation/Restoration: Matta Sur Community and Health Center
- Award of Merit Renovation/Restoration: Renovation of Mohamed Mahmoud Khalil Museum
- Best Project Residential/Hospitality: The Habitas Resort
- Award of Merit Retail/Mixed-Use Development: Cameroon Yaoundé Urban Complex, Phase 1
- Best Project Road/Highway: Yunnan Huali Expressway
- Award of Merit Road/Highway: Cameroon Yaoundé Douala Freeway, Phase 1
- Award of Merit Road/Highway: Toll Road Development of Cileunyi—Sumedang—Dawuan Phase III
- Best Project Specialty Construction: Mucombeze, Mozambique Primary School Teacher Dormitory
- Award of Merit Sports/Entertainment: Morodok Techo National Stadium
- Award of Merit Environmental: The Development of South Valley of Toshka Region
- Best Project Water/Wastewater: San Wai Sewage Treatment Works – Phase 1
- Award of Merit Water/Wastewater: Iqaluit Water Crisis
- Award of Merit Water/Wastewater: South Australia Water Zero Cost Energy Future Program