Break ground on a project worth at least $100 million in calendar year 2018? If so, maybe it belongs on ENR New York's Top Starts rankings.
Once again, we'll be using Dodge data and other information to determine the Top Starts in New York and New Jersey. The list will be published in the March 18-25, 2019, edition of ENR New York. At the end of this blog post is a preliminary list, which is subject to change.
In the same magazine issue, we'll also feature the Owner of the Year, based in part on the numerical value of projects that the company began in 2018.
If you are an owner, general contractor or design firm and would like a project you are involved in to be considered for the Top Starts rankings, please email me the following information:
- Name of Project [exactly as it should appear in print]
- Location of Project [City, State]
- Total Project Cost
- Construction Cost
- Construction Start Date
- Expected Completion Date
- Brief Description of Project [size, scope, delivery method, sustainability goals, interesting facts, etc.]
- General Contractor
- Construction Management Firm
Meanwhile, here is the preliminary list of 2018's regional Top Starts, in alphabetical order:
- 537 Greenwich St Condominium Building, New York, N.Y.
- Aman Hotel & Condominiums Conversion, New York, N.Y.
- City View Tower at Court Square, Long Island City, N.Y.
- Condominiums/Apartments/Parking on Jay Street, Brooklyn, N.Y.
- Coney Island Mixed Use Development Phase 1, Brooklyn, NY
- Coney Island Yard Complex Long Term Flood Mitigation, Brooklyn, N.Y.
- Domino Sugar Refinery Office Building Gut Rehabilitation, Brooklyn, N.Y.
- Eastern System Upgrade, Westtown, N.Y.
- Ed Koch Queensboro Bridge, Replacement of Upper Roadways, New York, N.Y.
- Essex Crossing Mixed Use Building Site 3, New York, N.Y.
- Essex Crossing Mixed Use Building Site 4, New York, N.Y.
- George Washington Bridge W 178 & W 179 Street and Bus Ramps and Bus Rehabilitation, New York, N.Y.
- Hudson Commons Office Building Addition and Alterations, New York, N.Y.
- Journal Squared 2 Apartments, Garage & Retail Phase 2, Jersey City, N.J.
- Kosciuszko Bridge over Newtown Creek Phase 2, Brooklyn, N.Y.
- La Central Bldg B, Bronx, N.Y.
- LIRR Expansion Project/ Mainline Third Track Project, Floral Park, N.Y.
- Macy's Parking Garage Redevelopment/Mixed Use Building, Brooklyn, N.Y.
- Multi-Family Residential Towers -Parking & Retail Phase 1 on Lincoln Harbor Boulevard, Weehawken, N.J.
- Newark Liberty Airport Terminal One Building, Newark, N.J.
- One Willoughby Square Mixed Use Building, Brooklyn, N.Y.
- Pier 55 Floating Park & Performance Space, New York, N.Y.
- Port Newark Container Terminal Improvements, Newark, N.J.
- Queens Plaza Park Apartments, Long Island City, N.Y.
- Resorts World Casino & Hotel Expansion, South Ozone Park, N.Y.
- Ronald O. Perelman WTC Performing Arts Complex, New York, N.Y.
- SW Bergen Point Wastewater Treatment Plant Outfall Replacement, West Babylon, N.Y.
- The Spiral Office Building in Hudson Yards, New York, N.Y.
- Tribeach Holdings Hotel, New York, N.Y.
- Veyoel Moshe Gardens Residential Development Phase 1, Kiryas Joel, N.Y.