ABC Rocky Mountain Presents Excellence in Construction Awards
The Rocky Mountain Chapter of ABC honored its members’ efforts in merit shop construction while celebrating the regional construction industry during the 13th annual Excellence in Construction (EIC) Awards held Oct. 24 at The Four Seasons Hotel Denver.
The EIC Awards provide ABC member general contractors and specialty contractors with a forum to showcase their recent projects. The competition is patterned after ABC National’s EIC program and is the first step for winning projects to compete at the national level.
A panel of 9 industry experts judged the 26 award submissions: Kelly Hedlund, Armstrong World Industries; Ed Logsdon, D.L. Adams Associates; Dave Lewis, S.A. Miro Inc.; Mike Wisneski, Michael Wisneski Architect; Brad Foster, Foster Electric Corp.; Chris Guarino, Consilium Partners, An NV5 Co.; Matt Porta, SLATERPAULL | Hord Coplan Macht; Kevin Eronimous, Shears Adkins Rockmore Architects and Jennifer White, Colorado Real Estate Journal.
Awards criteria included complexity, unusual challenges or problems overcome, innovative techniques or programs, value engineering, safety records and owner satisfaction. Any project completed before October 15, 2014 by an ABC member in good standing was eligible. Here are the winners.
Excellence Award Winners
• Institutional, $5 million - $10 million: Roche Constructors Inc., Salida del Sol Academy
• Institutional, $10 million - $25 million: Pinkard Construction, Morgan Library
• Interiors, Renovation, $10 million - $100 million: Mortenson Construction, The Rooftop at Coors Field
• Adolfson & Peterson Construction, Boulder Valley School District Mapleton School Historic Restoration: Mapleton Early Childhood Center,
• Historical Restoration/Renovation, $25 million - $100 million: Milender White Construction Co., Denver Union Station Redevelopment
• Mega Projects, more than $100 million: TIC – The Industrial Co., Pawnee CACJ Project
• Electrical – Commercial, less than $2 million: Greiner Electric, Swedish Medical Center Fifth Floor Remodel
• Commercial, $2 million - $10 million: LEI Cos. Inc., Denver Union Station Renovation and Crawford Hotel
• Electrical - Industrial, $2 million - $10 million: Encore Electric, Bal Seal Manufacturing Facility
• Mechanical – Commercial, less than $2 million: RK Mechanical Inc., The Rooftop at Coors Field
• Exteriors: Douglass Colony Group, Colorado State Capitol Dome
• Other Specialty Construction - Commercial, less than $10 million: RK Specialties Inc., Aspen Art Museum