ENR announces its 2023 group of industry professionals named to the National Top 20 Under 40 list—recognition of the best of construction's next generation across 10 regions and the culmination of the annual Top Young Professionals conference.
ENR’s National Top 20 Under 40 were selected from nearly 600 entries received this summer during regional Top Young Professionals competitions.
Nominees represent all construction industry segments and came from all 50 states, Washington, D.C. and Puerto Rico. Panels of independent industry judges in each region selected up to 20 winners whose profiles will appear early next year in each ENR regional magazine.
Highest scoring candidates from all regions were then scrutinized by a new panel of judges to select a national Top 20 Under 40 list that represented the best young leaders from across the country. Special thanks to this year's team of jurors:
- Kelsey Gauger, national director, operational Excellence, Suffolk
- John Hero, director of business development, Manhattan Construction Co.
- Lucas Marone, project manager, FCI Constructors Inc.
- Megan Schulze, project manager, Dewberry and one of the ENR 2020 National Top 20 Under 40.
Look for an in-depth ENR feature next year that will showcase the 2023 winners. listed below, and their perspectives on issues affecting the construction industry today.
Those selected will be recognized at the ENR Top Young Professionals conference in New Orleans, March 8-10, 2023. For more information on the event and to register, visit www.enr.com/top-young-professionals-conference.
If you know an outstanding candidate to be considered as a Top Young Professional for 2024, don’t miss your chance to submit an entry to ENR’s regional Top Young Professionals competition next summer.
For more information, visit www.enr.com/top-young-professionals.
ENR's 2023 Top 20 Under 40 group is listed below in alphabetical order by last name. Congratulations!
- Tauhira Ali, Executive Director of Industry Innovation, National Electrical Contractors Association, Marietta, Ga. Originally submitted to ENR MidAtlantic
- Ryan Bauman, Transit Section Manager, HDR Engineering Inc., St. Louis Park, Minn. Originally submitted to ENR Midwest
- Rob Best, Associate, Americas Energy and Digital Leader, Arup, San Francisco. Originally submitted to ENR California
- Catarina Carvalho, Associate, Americas East Cities Planning & Design Leader, Arup, NYC. Originally submitted to ENR New York
- Maria E. Chumbita, Vice President, Engineering, CoreBrace, LLC, West Jordan, Utah. Originally submitted to ENR Mountain States
- David Emmi, Vice President, Power Group, O'Connell Electric Co., Henrietta, NY. Originally submitted to ENR New York
- Patrick Farnham, Senior Project Manager, Langan, NYC. Originally submitted to ENR New York
- Roscoe Green, Partner, Adams and Reese, Tampa, Fla. Originally submitted to ENR Southeast
- Margaret Hopkins, Vice President, AKRF Inc., Richmond, Va. Originally submitted to ENR MidAtlantic
- Kabri Lehrman-Schmid, Project Superintendent, Hensel Phelps, Bellevue, Wash. Originally submitted to ENR Northwest
- Yanling Leng, Lead Bridge Engineer, IMEG Corp., Sioux Falls, S.D. Originally submitted to ENR Mountain States
- Kimberly Martin, Senior Engineer - Innovation & Sustainability, Keller, Phoenix. Originally submitted to ENR Southwest
- Megan A. McDonald, Senior Engineer for Planning, WSP USA, Chicago. Originally submitted to ENR Midwest
- Allison McCue, Senior Vice President, Project Planning, Webcor, San Francisco. Originally submitted to ENR California
- Jaime Miller, Program Director, AECOM, Dallas. Originally submitted to ENR Texas & Louisiana
- Stephen Parker, Behavioral Health Planner, Stantec, Arlington, Va. Originally submitted to ENR MidAtlantic
- Sanjay Paul, Desert Southwest Area Traffic Business Class Leader, HDR, Albuquerque. Originally submitted to ENR Southwest
- Ankur Podder, Research Engineer - Industrialized Construction Innovation, National Renewable Energy Laboratory, Denver. Originally submitted to ENR Mountain States
- Steven Venditti, President, Sparc Fire Protection Engineering LLC, Trumbull, Conn. Originally submitted to ENR New England
- Jennifer Sloan Ziegler, Engineer and Project Manager, Cypress Environment & Infrastructure, Ocean Springs, Miss. Originally submitted to ENR Texas & Louisiana