ENR is proud to announce its 2022 National Top 20 Under 40. This is the culmination of ENR’s annual Top Young Professionals program, which honors the best of the next generation of construction industry professionals across 10 regions.
ENR’s National Top 20 Under 40 were selected out of nearly 400 entries received this summer during the regional Top Young Professionals competition. These nominees represent all parts of the construction industry and came from all 50 states, Washington, D.C. and Puerto Rico. Panels of independent industry judges in each of the 10 regions selected up to 20 winners to represent that region. Profiles of all these winners will be published early next year in each regional magazine.
The highest scoring candidates from each of the 10 regional contests were then scrutinized by a new panel of judges to select a national Top 20 Under 40 list that represented the best of young leaders from across the country. Special thanks to this year's team of jurors:
- John Hero, director of business development at Manhattan Construction Co.,
- Lucas Marone, project manager at FCI Constructors Inc., and
- Megan Schulze, project manager at Dewberry and a member of ENR’s 2020 National Top 20 Under 40.
Look for an in-depth feature next year that will showcase these winners and their perspectives on issues affecting the construction industry today.
We’ll be honoring this new class of winners at ENR’s Top Young Professionals Conference in Tempe, Ariz., Feb. 23-25, 2022. For more information on the event and to join us for the celebration, visit www.enr.com/top-young-professionals-conference.
If you know an outstanding candidate for next year, don’t miss your chance to submit an entry to ENR’s regional Top Young Professionals competition when it goes live next summer. For more information about the contest, visit www.enr.com/top-young-professionals.
ENR's 2022 Top 20 Under 40 class is listed below in alphabetical order by last name. Congratulations!
- John Costello, Principal, Client Executive, IMEG Corp., Minneapolis. Originally submitted to ENR Midwest
- Tupac de la Cruz, Owner and Founder, Roofing Solutions, Prairieville, La. Originally submitted to ENR Texas & Louisiana
- Diego de Veyga, Senior Project Manager, Myers & Sons Construction, Concord, Calif. Originally submitted to ENR California
- Alandren Etlantus, Senior Vice President, Bohannan Huston Inc., Albuquerque. Originally submitted to ENR Southwest
- Chris Fletcher, Project Director, McCarthy Building Cos. Inc., Henderson, Nev. Originally submitted to ENR Southwest
- Ariel Greenlaw, PE, Section Manager - Traffic Engineering, HNTB Corp., South Portland, Me. Originally submitted to ENR New England
- Manuel Hoyo, Superintendent, Skanska USA Building, Boston. Originally submitted to ENR New England
- Mara Johnston, Managing Principal and Co-Founder, Keystone Global, Jericho, NY. Originally submitted to ENR New York
- Jeff King, Vice President, Clark Construction Group LLC, Bethesda, Md. Originally submitted to ENR MidAtlantic
- Anne Kuechenmeister, Department Manager – Planning, Michael Baker International, Lakewood, Colo. Originally submitted to ENR Mountain States
- Stephanie McCay, Director, U.S. Communications, PCL Construction, Denver. Originally submitted to ENR Mountain States
- Erin Murphy, Environmental Services Manager, Atlanta, VHB, Atlanta. Originally submitted to ENR Southeast
- Alicia Loh Ortiz, Senior Project Manager, DPR Construction, Newport Beach, Calif. Originally submitted to ENR California
- Jennifer Pangborn, Assistant Vice President/Midwest & Plains Traffic & ITS Manager, WSP USA, St Louis, Mo. Originally submitted to ENR Midwest
- Adam Paulitsch, Associate Principal, Populous, Kansas City. Originally submitted to ENR Midwest
- Jennifer Anna Pazdon, Vice President, Cast Connex Corp., New York. Originally submitted to ENR New York
- Daniel O. Roop, Project Manager, Tighe & Bond Inc., Worcester, Mass. Originally submitted to ENR New England
- Heather Wyld, Project Manager, Senior Engineer, CHA Consulting Inc., Albany, NY. Originally submitted to ENR New York
- Bobby Youngblood, Director of Engineering, PCL Industrial Construction Co., Katy, Texas. Originally submitted to ENR Texas & Louisiana
- Leila Zheng, Bridge Engineer, Transportation Business Group Alternative Delivery Resource Manager, HDR, Olympia, Wash. Originally submitted to ENR Northwest