As part of ENR’s annual Top Young Professionals program, which honors the best of the next generation of construction industry professionals across 10 regions, ENR is proud to announce its 2021 National Top 20 Under 40.
ENR’s Top 20 Under 40 were selected out of nearly 400 entries received this summer during the regional Top Young Professionals competition. These nominees represent all parts of the construction industry and came from all 50 states, Washington, D.C. and Puerto Rico. Panels of independent industry judges in each of the 10 regions selected up to 20 winners to represent that region. Profiles of all these winners will be published early next year in each regional magazine.
The highest scoring candidates from each of the 10 regional contests were then scrutinized by a new panel of judges to select a national Top 20 Under 40 list that represented the best of young leaders from across the country. Special thanks to this year's team of jurors:
- Jit Kee Chin, executive vice president and chief data and innovation officer at Suffolk,
- Mani Golparvar, associate professor of civil engineering, computer science, and technology entrepreneurship at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign,
- John Hero, director of business development at Manhattan Construction Co.,
- Lucas Marone, project manager at FCI Constructors Inc., and
- Megan Schulze, project manager at Dewberry and a member of ENR’s 2020 National Top 20 Under 40.
Look for an in-depth feature next year that will showcase these winners and their perspectives on issues affecting the construction industry today.
If you know an outstanding candidate for next year, don’t miss your chance to submit an entry to ENR’s regional Top Young Professionals competition when it goes live next summer: www.enr.com/top-young-professionals
ENR's 2021 Top 20 Under 40 class is listed below in alphabetical order by last name. Congratulations!
- Jeralee Anderson, President/CEO, Greenroads International, Seattle. Originally submitted to ENR Northwest
- Jacob Blanton, Transmission & Distribution Regional Operations Director, Burns & McDonnell, Wallingford, Conn. Originally submitted to ENR New England
- Joel Vande Boom, Director of Special Projects—Midwest (Project Executive), Gilbane Building Co., Columbus, Ohio. Originally submitted to ENR Midwest
- Elizabeth S. Brownell, Associate, Thornton Tomasetti, Portland, Me. Originally submitted to ENR New England
- Martin Downs, President, J. Fletcher Creamer & Son, Inc., Hackensack, N.J. Originally submitted to ENR New York
- Andrew Gilstrap, Vice President, JE Dunn Construction, Denver. Originally submitted to ENR Mountain States
- Ryan Johnson, Computational Design Specialist, Clark Nexsen, Raleigh, N.C. Originally submitted to ENR Southeast
- Jeyre Lewis, Construction Manager, PCL Construction Services, Inc., Glendale, Calif. Originally submitted to ENR California
- Bradley J. Lockwood, Vice President, Moseley Architects, Raleigh, N.C. Originally submitted to ENR Southeast
- Danielle McCray, Associate, Kimley-Horn, Reston, Va. Originally submitted to ENR MidAtlantic
- Courtney O'Neill, Associate Vice President, AECOM, Seattle. Originally submitted to ENR Northwest
- Atul Paralkar, Director of Controls, Holt Construction Corp., Pearl River, NY. Originally submitted to ENR New York
- Erin Peavey, Architect & Design Researcher, Vice President, HKS, Dallas. Originally submitted to ENR Texas & Louisiana
- Lauren Amber Prestenbach, Principal, Powers Brown Architecture, Denver. Originally submitted to ENR Mountain States
- Kyle Roberts, Principal, Civil Engineering Department Manager, Burns & McDonnell, Kansas City, Mo. Originally submitted to ENR Midwest
- Victoria Scala, PhD, PE, President, Lowy and Donnath Inc., Long Island City, NY. Originally submitted to ENR New York
- Shaun Sleeth, Regional President, McCarthy Building Cos. Inc., Roseville, Calif. Originally submitted to ENR California
- Jennifer Todd, Founder & President, LMS General Contractors, Inc., Pompano Beach, Fla. Originally submitted to ENR Southeast
- Keon B. West, Senior Superintendent, Clark Construction Group, San Diego. Originally submitted to ENR California
- Patrick Williams, Southwest Regional Manager, Urban Engineers, Irving, Texas. Originally submitted to ENR Texas & Louisiana