ABC Presents Annual Excellence in Construction Awards
The Rocky Mountain Chapter of ABC honored exceptional efforts in merit construction while celebrating the entire construction industry during the 10th annual Excellence in Construction awards held Oct. 14 at The Westin Westminster.
The EIC awards give ABC-member general contractors and specialty contractors a forum to showcase their projects, which are among the best representations of their work. The ABC Rocky Mountain Chapter’s EIC awards competition is patterned after ABC National’s EIC program and is the first step to competition at the national level.
ABC Rocky Mountain Chapter received 34 entries this year. A panel of eight judges reviewed the awards submissions. Criteria included factors such as complexity, unusual challenges or problems overcome, innovative techniques or programs, value engineering, safety records and owner satisfaction. Any project completed before December 31, 2011 by an ABC member in good standing was eligible.
• Historical Restoration: $10 Million - $100 Million: Adolfson & Peterson Construction Inc., North High School Addition & Renovations
• Public Works/Environmental: Pinkard Construction Co., Central Platte Campus
• Commercial, $10 - $25 Million: Roche Constructors Inc., Target Store No. T-2717
• Industrial, $25 Million - $100 Million: Casey Industrial Inc., Hunter Station, Unit 2 – ESP to PJFF Conversion
• Mega Projects, More Than $100 Million: Hensel Phelps Construction Co., Ameristar Black Hawk Hotel
• Electrical, Commercial $2 Million - $5 Million: Encore Electric Inc., Advanced Electrical Metering for Dept. of Veterans Affairs Hospital Buildings
• Mechanical, Industrial $2 Million - $10 Million: Casey Industrial Inc., Cellulosic Ethanol Demonstration Biorefinery
• Mechanical, Industrial More Than $10 Million: RK Mechanical Inc., St. Anthony Hospital