We’re sounding that clarion call in hopes of attracting New York state’s and New Jersey’s best designers in construction, architecture and engineering. Exactly one month before this year’s Top Design Firm surveys for the region are due, we’re already noticing some interesting respondents, and they’ve made our preliminary list that’s at the end of this blog post.
The May 14-21, 2018, issue of ENR New York will include our annual Top Design Firms rankings and a profile on the region’s Design Firm of the Year. If your company hasn’t submitted yet, please remember: this year’s poll has two new questions that will help us consider companies for Firm of the Year.
Rankings are based on detailed data sets that engineering, architecture and other design companies provide to us. Each year, the main ranking is based on the total regional revenues of participating firms' design services. Additional orderings of state-by-state revenues, design specialties and disciplines include top-ranked firms only.
The survey deadline is April 26, 2018.
Here’s our preliminary list, in alphabetical order:
- Collins Engineers PC, Watervliet, N.Y.
- CTA Architects PC, New York City
- D&B Engineers and Architects PC, Woodbury, NY
- DMR Architects, Hasbrouck Heights, N.J.
- Greenman-Pedersen Inc. (GPI), Babylon, N.Y.
- Hardesty & Hanover, New York City
- Highland Associates, New York City
- HKS Architects PC, New York City
- Jacob Feinberg Katz & Michaeli Consulting Group, New York City
- JRS Architect PC, Mineola, N.Y.
- Kimberly-Horn of New York PC, New York City
- Langan, Parsippany, N.J.
- Lothrop Associates LLP Architects, White Plains, N.Y.
- McLaren Engineering Group, New York City
- MP Engineers PC, New York City
- M+W Group, Albany, N.Y.
- OBG, Syracuse, N.Y.
- OLA, Hawthorne, N.Y.
- PS&S, Warren, N.J.
- Robert A.M. Stern Architects, New York City
- SEI Design Group, Rochester, N.Y.
- Schimenti Construction Co., New York City
- Shenoy Engineering PC, Pine Brook, N.J.
- Superstructures Engineers & Architects, New York City
- SWCA Environmental Consultants, Amherst, Mass.
- Tectonic Engineering & Surveying Consultants PC, Mountainville, N.Y.
- VHB, New York City
- Vocon, New York City
- Wiss, Janey, Elstner Associates, New York City