The judges have now spoken and the results are in for this year's winners of the tristate region's top 20 under 40 competition.
Like last year, this year's judges from the A/E/C industry based their votes on criteria including professional achievement, community service, and the applicant's contribution to overall industry improvement. There were 59 contenders for just 20 slots this year.
Also like last year, the winners represent a range of expertise. These include a global aviation and transportation specialist who also volunteers time to feed the homeless and fundraise for cancer research; a sustainable health-care design expert who also teaches, holds workshops and does pro bono work; and a project manager who has worked on many top projects.
Look for more details on these and the other winners in ENR New York's January 27, 2014 issue. For now, however, here's a quick look at the winners list:
- Becky Button, senior designer, Gensler, New York
- Benjamin Wisniewski, project manager, Parsons Transportation Group, New York
- Breeze Glazer, research knowledge manager, sustainable healthcare and design, Perkins+Will, New York
- David Wright, senior engineer, Parsons Transportation Group, New York
- Dorothy (Dorota) Wasiak, vice president, PCGNY Corp., New York
- Elizabeth Hynes, principal planner, Parsons Transportation Group, New York
- Eric Tan, designer/urban research leader, Gensler, New York
- Jason Hart, construction attorney, Peckar & Abramson P.C., New York
- Jeff Smithline, vice president, director of traffic engineering, Sam Schwartz Engineering DPC, New York
- Jennifer Lan, associate, Gilsanz Murray Steficek LLP, New York
- Kate Russell, design director, Gensler, New York
- Mario Valenti, structural engineer, STV, New York
- Marnie A. Bell, principal engineer, ARCADIS US Inc., Buffalo, N.Y.
- Robert Badenoch, senior associate, Shen Milsom & Wilke, New York
- Robert Ioanna, vice president, Syska Hennessy Group, New York
- Robert J. Allen, project manager, HDR, New York
- Roland Abi Nader, senior project manager, AECOM, New York
- Sara Rubenstein, associate counsel and assistant secretary, Lend Lease Americas Inc., New York
- Sarah S. Berman, president, The Berman Group Inc., New York
- Ty Osbaugh, senior associate, Gensler, New York