ENR New England is compiling its annual list of the largest projects—ranked by dollar value—to break ground in the previous year. We researched projects in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont and generated a list of more than 20 projects that started construction in 2014 with a value of more then $75 million.
The list, which publishes in the April 13 issue of ENR New England, is a work in progress, and we welcome your input. Please feel free to submit projects for consideration on the list that meet our criteria. Projects must be located in New England (Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont); must have started construction in 2014; and must have a project value of more than $75 million.
Please submit nominees—including the project name, location, contract value, owner, GC/CM, date of groundbreaking/expected date of completion—with your name and contact information by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Below is an unranked preview of the current list of projects on the list, including project name, location and GC/CM. Check back here for updates.
- 6 New Street, Boston (Suffolk Construction Co.)
- 30 Dalton Street Residences, Boston (Suffolk Construction Co.)
- 50 Binney Street, Cambridge, Mass. (Turner Construction Co)
- 100 Northern Ave, Boston (Turner Construction Co)
- 275 Wyman Street, Waltham, Mass. (Commodore Builders)
- Six Ten at MIT Building 2, Cambridge, Mass. (John Moriarty & Associates)
- 888 Boylston Street, Boston (Turner Construction Co)
- Add-A-Lane, Section of Interstate 95, Needham-Wellesley, Mass. (Barletta Heavy Division)
Barry’s Corner, Boston (Suffolk Construction Co.)
Boston Medical Center – Menino Addition and Renovations, Boston(Suffolk Construction Co.)
- Eastern Maine Medical Center, Bangor, Maine (Cianbro/Brasfield & Gorrie)
- Interdisciplinary Science & Engineering Complex, Northeastern University, Boston (Suffolk Construction Co.)
- Main Line Catenary Replacement, Sections C1A and C2, East Norwalk/Westport/Bridgeport/Milford, Conn. (Ducci Electrical Contractors)
- Nashua Street Residences, Boston (AvalonBay)
- New Balance Building C3, Boston (John Moriarty & Associates)
- Oakfield Wind Energy Project, Oakfield, Maine (Reed & Reed)
- Partners HealthCare Headquarters at Assembly Row, Somerville, Ma. (Suffolk Construction Co.)
- Replacement of I-95 Bridge over West River, New Haven, Conn. (The Middlesex Corporation)
- Sarah Mildred Long Bridge, Kittery, Maine (Cianbro)
- Seaport Square Block B & C, Boston (John Moriarty & Associates)
- UConn STEM Residence Halls, Storrs, Conn. (KBE Building Corp.)
- Waterbury State Office Complex, Waterbury, Vt. (PC Construction)
- Winchester High School, Winchester, Mass. (Consigli Construction Co.)