Each year ENR MidAtlantic’s print issue published in April ranks the largest projects to start construction during the previous year in Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia and Washington, D.C.
The projects listed below look like they will be some of the projects that will make this year’s list, which will be based on projects to start substantial construction in 2021. This list below is a preliminary "preview" version of the yet-to-be finalized ranking.
To compile the Top Starts list, ENR MidAtlantic uses a variety of sources, including information from Dodge Data & Analytics, as well as news reports from Engineering News-Record and other media publications.
If your firm started construction on a project of $115 million or more during 2021, it's not too late to let us know so we can possibly add it to this year's Top Starts ranking. To do this, simply email me at email@example.com.
To find out where the projects below rank on this year’s final list, and to see what other projects make the list, check out the April issue of ENR MidAtlantic.
- RiverRenew Tunnel System Project, Alexandria, Va.
- Sterling 144 MW EdgeCore Data Center Campus, Sterling, Va.
- Crystal Spring Tower at Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital, Roanoke, Va.
- Johns Hopkins CMSC and North Tower Hospital, Baltimore
- Tradepoint Atlantic McCormick & C. Distribution Ctr, Sparrows Point, Md.
- Schuylkill Yards West Tower, Philadelphia
- 1900 Crystal/1851 S Bell South & North Residences, Arlington, Va.
- FNB Financial Center Office Tower, Pittsburgh
- Justice Center Improvements Phase 2, Norristown, Pa.
- The Mather Senior Living Community, McLean, Va.
- Vantage Data Center (Bldg 3), Ashburn, Va.
- Virginia Tech Innovation Campus – Phase 1 – Block 7W, Alexandria, Va.
- Great Wolf Resorts Waterpark, Perryville, Md.
- Art Place at Ft Totten Phase 2 – Bldg B – Apts/Retail/Museum, Washington, D.C.
- Holiday Inn Rosslyn Residential/Hotel Redevelopment, Arlington, Va.
- I-95 Express Toll Lanes Northbound Extension, Various locations, Md.
- Antrim Commons Business Park Fulfillment Center, Greencastle, Pa.
- College of Health Professions Building at Towson University, Towson, Md.
- 4000 Wisconsin Ave. NW – Upton Place Mixed Use REBID, Washington, D.C.
- PSU College of Engineering Phase 2 West 1 Building, University Park, Pa.
- Innsbrook Apartment Project, Glen Allen, Va.
- United Business Park – Matrix Distribution Center Lot A, Shippensburg, Pa.
- Amazon Warehouse (PH1) at Blue Diamond Park, New Castle, Del.
- Union on Knox Mixed Use Development, College Park, Md.