Associated Builders and Contractors Rocky Mountain Chapter held its annual Chapter Awards dinner and board of directors installation on January 21 in Denver.
Chapter Awards were presented to ABC-member leaders within the construction industry who have shown outstanding commitment and dedication to the chapter, the industry and the merit-shop philosophy through their participation and involvement.
The following companies and individuals were honored with awards:
- President’s Award — Young Professionals Steering Committee
- Outstanding Service by a New Member — Kenny Electric
- Associate of the Year (for the second year in a row) — EKS&H LLP
- Supplier of the Year — Power Management Systems and Sales Inc.
- Subcontractor of the Year (for the third year in a row) — Spacecon Specialty Contractors LLC
- General Contractor of the Year (for the second year in a row) — Hensel Phelps
- Young Professional of the Year — Dane Bechtholdt, Douglass Colony Group
- ABCer of the Year — Rachael Koch, Power Management Systems and Sales Inc.
There were also two new awards presented this year for political advocacy:
- Grassroots Champion — Mark Olesen, Pinkard Construction
- Merit Shop Defender — Power Management Systems and Sales Inc.
Before the awards program, the chapter installed its 2016 Board of Directors.
- Executive Committee: Chair: Darren Hinton, Milender White Construction Co.; Chair-Elect: Jason Maxwell, White Construction Group; Vice Chair: Rob Marceau, RK Mechanical Inc.; Treasurer: Scott Oglesby, Bauerle & Co. PC; Secretary: Aaron Eide, Flood and Peterson; Past Chair: Allan Bliesmer, Hensel Phelps.
Directors: Mari Bergstrom, BT Construction; Marissa Bolton, Bobcat of the Rockies; Denny Doyle, LPR Construction Co.; Mark Griffin, Turner Construction Co.; Paul Giovannetti, HITT Contracting; Rachael Koch, Power Management Systems & Sales; John Luthi, FCI Constructors Inc.; Scott Larson, Encore Electric Inc.; Patrick Wolach, Douglass Colony Group; and Trip DeMuth, Faegre Baker Daniels.