AIA Colorado South and AIA Colorado West 2013 Awards
AIA Colorado South 2013 Awards
The AIA Colorado South chapter recognized its 2013 architectural design awards recipients during a ceremony on Aug. 16 at the Colorado Springs Fine Arts Center in Colorado Springs.
The following two architectural design awards were selected from seven entries submitted by architect members of AIA Colorado South. The awards were presented by Jury Chair Carol Ross Barney of Ross Barney Architects, Chicago.
• Merit Award for Interior Architecture: Falcon Virtual Academy, Colorado Springs; Firm/Architect: DLR Group, Colorado Springs
• Merit Award for Unbuilt Architecture: U.S./Mexico Work Program Border Crossing, El Paso/Ciudad Juarez; Firm/Architect: markharris Architects, Colorado Springs
AIA Colorado West 2013 Awards
The AIA Colorado West chapter recognized its 2013 architectural design and honor award recipients on Aug. 23, during a presentation at the Viceroy Snowmass in Snowmass Village, Colo.
The following six architectural design awards were selected from 41 entries submitted by members of AIA Colorado West. The awards were presented by Jury Chair Tom Lenchek of Balance Associates, Architects, Seattle.
• Merit Award for Interior Design: Element 47, Aspen, Colo.; Firm/Architect: Rowland+Broughton Architecture and Urban Design, Aspen, Colo. and Denver
• Merit Award for Unbuilt Architecture: Slope Side Condos, Aspen, Colo.; Firm/Architect: Studio B Architects, Aspen, Colo.
• Merit Award for Unbuilt Architecture: Ski House, Alta, Utah; Firm/Architect: Willis Pember Architects, Inc., Aspen, Colo.
• Merit Award for Historic Preservation/Remodel: Piampiano, Woody Creek, Colo.; Firm/Architect: Studio B Architects, Aspen, Colo.
• Merit Award for Commercial/Institutional: Walking Mountains Science Center, Avon, Colo.; Firm/Architect: Zehren and Associates, Avon, Colo.; Mithun, Seattle
In addition to the design awards, one honor award was presented by Honor Awards Jury Chair Sarah Broughton of Rowland+Broughton Architecture and Urban Design, Aspen.
• Mentor of the Year: Charles Cunniffe Architects, Aspen, Colo.
The Mentor of the Year award recognizes a firm or licensed architect for exceptional efforts to promote the professional growth and development of an emerging design professional, or group of emerging professionals, who is/are in the process of acquiring a license.