Creekside West Senior Living Celebrates Grand Green Opening
• One of the largest installations of solar power on a residential development in Colorado. A 102,000-watt rooftop photovoltaic system provides electricity for the building, reducing the amount needed from power plants.
• Nearly 90% of all the construction materials were recycled and diverted from area landfills. Many materials were chosen because these of their high proportion of recycled content.
• Certain materials were harvested and manufactured within 500 miles of the project site. At least 10% of all materials used are from nearby locations.
• An extensive lighting control system used throughout the apartments, common areas and garage helps reduce energy costs. Occupancy sensors and time clocks turn off lights at night and when no one is present. Much of the building is daylit, and the top floor has skylights to further limit energy costs.
• Outdoor drip irrigation and native plants limit water use for landscaping, and much of the green open space acts as a green roof for the underground parking garage, mitigating the heat island effect.
Overall, Creekside West will utilize 50% less energy and water compared to a typical building constructed to meet the minimum code standards.
Other amenities for Creekside West’s residents include a state-of-the-art movie theater/Nintendo Wii room, a guest suite for visitors, community garden, laundry facilities on each floor, a balcony for every unit, an onsite service coordinator, a billiards room, communal kitchen and dining room, an arts and crafts room and shared access to an exercise facility, beauty salon and computer lab at the Residences at Creekside, a short distance away.