Power plants and infrastructure contracts are among the leading contributors to this year’s regional Top Starts ranking, to be published in the upcoming April 25th edition of ENR Mid-Atlantic. In all, those two project types generated 11 of the 25 contracts listed here. Those energy contracts—likely to find themselves near the top of the coming ranking—include three projects in Maryland, as well as the Hummel Station Power Plant Facility in Shamokin Dam, Pa.
This year’s Top Starts ranking will also feature several mixed-use developments, as well as cultural facilities, including an expansion of the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts, and the Museum of the Bible, both located in Washington, D.C.
To qualify for inclusion on the ranking, projects had to start construction in 2015, and be located within the ENR Mid-Atlantic coverage area of Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia or Washington, D.C. Our research for this list of projects started with the Dodge database, published by Dodge Data & Analytics, and included confirmation via state transportation agencies, project websites and news reports.
While we’re including this list of our current top 25, ENR Mid-Atlantic may add more projects to the Top Starts ranking if our research efforts uncover more contracts that merit inclusion. As a preview, we’re including here an alphabetical list of projects that should be included in this year’s Top Starts ranking. If readers know of any projects that meet the criteria for inclusion, please feel free to email ENR Mid-Atlantic editors at ENRMidAtlanticEditor@bnpmedia.com.
- A. James Clark Hall, University of Maryland, College Park, Md.
- Alexander Court, Washington D.C.
- Bruce Mansfield Plant Dewatering Facility, Shippingport, Pa.
- Capital One Bank Office HQ Tower, Fairfax, Va.
- CPV St. Charles Energy Center Natural Gas Power Plant, Waldorf, Md.
- CSVT River Bridge, Union City, Pa.
- East Branch Dam Cutoff Wall Rehabilitation, Wilcox, Pa.
- Glass Needle Luxury Tower at 500 Walnut, Philadelphia
- Hamilton Crossings Shopping Center, Allentown, Pa.
- Hummel Station Power Plant Facility, Shamokin Dam, Pa.
- I-95 Betsy Ross Bridge Improvements, Philadelphia
- John F Kennedy Center for Performing Arts Expansion, Washington, D.C.
- Lidl Regional Distribution Center, Spotsylvania, Va.
- LVH-Muhlenberg Specialty Care Pavilion Expansion, Bethlehem, Pa.
- Museum of the Bible, Washington, D.C.
- New Carrollton Station Mixed-Use Development, District Heights, Md.
- Pennsylvania Turnpike Roadway Reconstruction and Widening, Middletown, Pa.
- PSEG Keys Energy Center, Brandywine, Md.
- Public Health Command Laboratory, Aberdeen Proving Ground, Md.
- Reston Town Center Mixed Use Block 4 and Parking Garage, Reston, Va.
- SR 3069 Deck Rehabilitation, Pittsburgh
- Square 37 Mixed-Use Development, Washington, D.C.
- Tunnel Dewatering Pump Station, Washington, D.C
- W Hotel & Element, Philadelphia
- Wildcat Point Generation Facility, Rising Sun, Md.