The World Trade Center Memorial Foundation and the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey announced on May 8 that they selected Owen Steel Co., Columbia, S.C., for the supply, fabrication and erection of both the “jumbo” steel and structural steel packages for the World Trade Center Memorial and Museum at Ground Zero in Manhattan. The jumbo steel beams, which account for 20% of the project’s steel, will be rolled in Luxembourg. The remaining 80% of the structural steel will be rolled at domestic mills and delivered to Owen Steel for fabrication.
Owen Steel Co. Wins Contract for WTC Memorial Steel
May 9, 2007