AGC of Colorado Honors Annual Safety Award Winners
AGC Colorado honored member firms for their safety programs at its May 20 Safety Awards Breakfast. Member companies received awards in the following categories.
• CHASE - Construction Health and Safety Excellence
• CSEA - Construction Safety Excellence Award
• CSEP - Colorado Stormwater Excellence Program
• NASA - National AGC Safety Award
• Pinnacol Safety Group Program Award
The Construction Health and Safety Excellence (CHASE) Partnering Program allows certain incentives to be granted to participating contractors (in good standing) by OSHA in exchange for commitments by those contractors to follow certain prescribed requirements and procedures in their company safety and health programs.
• Blue Level: Calcon Constructors, Encore Electric, Haselden Construction, Hyder Construction, Kenny Electric Services Inc., Kiewit Building Group, PCL Construction Services, Saunders Construction, Swinerton Builders, The Weitz Co.
• White Level: Belair Sitework Services, MTech Mechanical, Q3 Contracting
• Red Level: ADK Electric, GH Phipps Construction Cos., Greiner Electric
The Construction Safety Excellence Award (CSEA) is the industry’s elite safety awards program, recognizing companies for excellence in safety and loss prevention programs achieved through management commitment, employee involvement, and program innovation.
The national CSEA competition was held at the AGC National Convention during the third week of March. AGC/C member Belair Sitework Services earned a second place in its category.
Colorado Stormwater Excellence Program (CSEP) honored the following AGC/C members with awards.
• AGC/C CSEP Qualified Members: Fiore & Sons Inc., Fransen Pittman General Contractors, GH Phipps Construction Cos., Haselden Construction, and Waner Construction Co. Inc.
• AGC/C CSEP Participant Members: Hyder Construction, Milender White Construction, Swinerton Builders.
The National AGC Safety Awards (NASA) program evaluates a firm’s safety record against other firms of similar size and construction type across the country and recognizes those firms with exceptional safety records. AGC provided certificates of commendation to members who have participated in the awards program for three consecutive years and who have achieved a zero-loss workday incident rate in one category or an incident rate below 25% of their division rate for the second category of awards.
• AGC/C General Contractors and 2014 NASA Winners: Calcon Constructors, Centerre Construction, Drahota Commercial LLC, GH Phipps Construction Cos., Glacier Construction Co. Inc., Haselden Construction LLC, Heath Construction, Hensel Phelps, Howell Construction, Hyder Construction Inc., Saunders Construction Inc. Starker Construction Co.
• AGC/C Specialty Contractors and 2014 NASA Winners: ADK Electric Corp., Belair Sitework Services, Encore Electric Inc., Greiner Electric LLC, Metropolitan Glass Inc., RK Mechanical Inc. and US Engineering Co.