2011 SMPS Colorado Marketing Excellence Awards
The Colorado Chapter of Society for Marketing Professional Services hosted the annual Marketing Excellence Awards in Denver on May 19. The event highlighted the industry�s best-of-the-best marketing pieces and individuals.
The following members were recipients of individual awards.
• Leonardo Award: Karen Gilbert, Fentress Architects, for achievement at the highest level in A/E/C marketing and business development. Gilbert is director of marketing for Fentress Architects.
• Member of the Year: Kim Robertson, Norris Design, who currently serves on the Communications and Marketing Excellence Awards committees. Her activities have included spearheading the graphics and themes for the annual Marketing Excellence Awards event, as well as the chapter redesign and newsletter.
• Marketer of the Year: Stacy Stout, Shaw Construction, who has served in several leadership positions for SMPS, including president and the Southwest Regional Conference Lead.
• Business Developer of the Year: Matthew Campbell, Fransen Pittman.
The following firms were winners in their categories:
• People’s Choice Award: JVA Inc. for its “Holiday Cheer Beer” piece.
• Advertising: Shaw Construction for its Affordable Housing Focus Ad.
• Annual Report: Adolfson & Peterson for its Annual Report, themed “Outperform.”
• Corporate Identity: Group 14 Engineering for a campaign to uniquely reinvent the company based on its core principle of sustainability.
• Holiday Piece: JVA Inc. for the “Holiday Cheer Beer” piece.
• Internal Communications: CH2M Hill for its “New Year, New You! Employee Wellness Campaign,” encouraging wellness among employees company-wide.
• Newsletter—Internal: Catamount Constructors for its winter 2010 “CataFax” internal campaign.
• Promotional Campaign: Shaffer · Baucom Engineering & Consulting for the “It’s Time to Re-connect!” campaign.
• Recruitment & Retention: Western Summit Constructors for its “Culture Magazine” piece.
• Special Event: The Gallegos Corp. for its “Sharing a Vision” event.
• Specific Project Marketing: OZ Architecture for its Community College of Denver Student Learning and Success Building Pursuit.
• Target Marketing: Rider Levett Bucknall for its Quarterly Construction Cost Reports.
• Website: Milender White Construction for its newly re-designed website.