CONEXPO-CON/AGG Reveals 2011 Event Survey Results
Post-show attendee and exhibitor surveys recently unveiled from CONEXPO-CON/AGG and IFPE 2011, held in March, confirm that the shows are vital business tools connecting buyers and sellers. Show management sayu they will use the survey data in future planning "to offer even more value at the next edition of the co-located exhibitions. "
Among the results from the post-show surveys:
• Why buyers attended the shows: for CONEXPO-CON/AGG, 89% of attending contractors and 91% of attending producers had a “buying influence” for products at the shows; 73% of IFPE attendees also had a “buying influence,” which is above the manufacturing/industrial exhibition average.
• Attendees also ranked the shows’ value above the industry average for return on investment of time and money spent: 4.1 on a scale of 5 for CONEXPO-CON/AGG and 4.2 for IFPE (industry average is 3.7.)
• Attendees’ top reason for attending: to examine the new products and technologies on display (92%). Some 87% said they wanted to check out specific companies/products, which emphasizes the reason for exhibitors using pre-show promotion to encourage attendee traffic.
• Other top reasons cited by attendees for their show participation: networking, personal professional development and meeting with technical experts.
• Exhibitors were satisfied with the quality and quantity of attendees, and 91% said they were satisfied with their overall experience at CONEXPO-CON/AGG and IFPE 2011.