Award of Merit, Specialty Contracting: 1910 Harris County Courthouse
Originally built in 1910, the Harris County Courthouse in Houston was first renovated in 1953.
Camarata Masonry Systems assisted general contractor Vaughn Construction in restoring the courthouse to its original 1910 state.
The team worked for 14 months to complete the project.
Work included removal, cataloging, storage, cleaning, restoration and reinstallation of much of the existing stone, along with the installation of historically accurate ceramic tile and mosaics to match the courthouse's original look.
The six-story granite and buff brick building encompasses an entire city block in downtown Houston.
Owner: Harris County, Houston
General Contractor: Vaughn Construction, Houston
Lead Design: PGAL, Houston
Structural: Walter P Moore, Houston
MEP: Jacobs Carter Burgess, Houston
Submitted by Camarata Masonry Systems Ltd.