ENR Mid-Atlantic recently launched its annual Top 20 Under 40 contest. Top 20 Under 40 recognizes the A/E/C industry's young professionals who represent the "Best-of-the-Best" in their construction and design careers by giving back to their industry and communities.
Click here to nominate someone.
The honored individuals will be featured in a story within the February issue of ENR Mid-Atlantic. Similar to ENR's Best Projects contest, a group of independent judges will review and score each potential Top 20 Under 40 honoree, based on the candidate's industry experience, leadership skills and community service.
You can nominate anyone whom you believe exhibits company and industry leadership, career progress, community involvement and who is involved with creating landmark projects for their region. Moreover, you can nominate a fellow employee of your firm, someone who works at another firm, or even yourself! The nominator isn't made public.
The deadline to nominate someone is Sept. 30, 2016. The criteria includes:
- The nominee must be based in an office or location within the 50 U.S. States plus Washington D.C. and Puerto Rico.
- They must be under 40 years of age as of January 1, 2017.
- They should exhibit qualities expressed in the Top 20 Under 40 criteria: industry experience, leadership and community service.
- There is no limit to the number of entries each firm or person can submit, and there is no entry fee.
- You can re-nominate candidates who were previously submitted as long as they are still eligible and have not been selected previously as a winner.
The Mid-Atlantic region includes Washington, D.C., Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia and West Virginia.