Mountain States Construction magazine will honor the recipients of its annual “Top 20 Under 40” awards in the magazine’s January/February 2011 issue. It highlights the best of the best young professionals in the construction and design industries.
Winners were selected through a highly competitive process. Peers, co-workers and managers nominated more than 40 people from the Colorado, Utah, Idaho, Montana and Wyoming construction and design industries.
A panel of 10 judges then selected the Top 20 based on criteria that included: achievement of, or progress toward, industry certifications, including professional licensure or LEED AP; community service; industry involvement; and contribution to creating or building landmark regional projects.
The 2011 winners, in alphabetical order, are:
- Renee Azerbegi, president, Ambient Energy, Denver, 34;
- Spencer Bradley, chief estimator, Wadman Corp., Ogden, Utah, 30;
- John Boknecht, project manager, Stacy and Witbeck Inc., Salt Lake City, 34;
- Kurtis D. Dallinga, associate principal acoustical and technology engineer, Spectrum Engineers, Salt Lake City, 35;
- David Daniel, associate, Davis Partnership Architects, Denver, 39;
- Cameron Donegan, virtual construction manager, Adolfson & Peterson Construction, Aurora, Colo., 26;
- T. Andrew Earles, vice president of water resources, Wright Water Engineers, Denver, 38;
- John Evans, director of business development, Okland Construction Co. Inc., Salt Lake City, 37;
- Chris Kinnersley, vice president of safety, HR & organizational development, Staker Parson Cos., Ogden, Utah, 35;
- Jason J. Miller, construction executive, Mortenson Construction, Denver, 37;
- Blake Mourer, senior associate/design director, Gensler, 38;
- Ryan Nataluk, senior structural engineer, Stantec Consulting Services Inc., Denver, 36;
- Dave Putnam, chief financial officer, Whitaker Construction, Brigham City, Utah, 35;
- Matthew B. Schlageter, principal, Martin/Martin Inc., Lakewood, Colo., 38;
- Brad Schmahl, vice president of office operations, JH: Constructors Inc., Centennial, Colo., 31;
- Jason Starner, construction division manager, McMillen, Boise, 36;
- Michelle Swanson, mechanical engineer, The RMH Group Inc., Lakewood, Colo., 32;
- Whitney Ward, sustainable systems manager, VCBO Architecture, Salt Lake City, 28;
- Bryan Webb, executive vice president, The Layton Cos. Interior Construction Specialists, Sandy, Utah, 35;
- Nathan Wickizer, chief operating officer, Cache Valley Electric, Salt Lake City, 40.
For more information on the nomination process for next year’s competition, contact Editor Mark Shaw at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 303-584-6725.