The 2020 Class of ENR Midwest Top Young Professionals of 20 design and construction professionals has been chosen. The recognition program, held annually by all of ENR's Regional Editions, recognizes young industry professionals, all under 40, who represent the best-of-the-best in their careers, by exhibiting qualities of leadership, career progress, community involvement. They all have completed innovative projects and developed new ideas or entire businesses. We even have a safety expert who serves in a senior training role for an international manufacturer of fall protection and light duty construction equipment this year
The accomplished judges who winnowed our list of 59 entrants down to just 20 were all members of previous ENR Midwest Top Young Professionals classes and two of them made ENR's national Top 20 Under 40. They are: Kimberly Moore, president and founder of KDM Engineering in Chicago; Myesha McClendon, vice president at Milhouse Engineering & Construction in Chicago; and Dr. Islam El-Adaway, Hurst-McCarthy professor of construction engineering and management and civil engineering at Missouri Science & Technology University in Rolla, Mo., and founding director of the Missouri Consortium of Construction Innovation. All three judges graciously donated their time and made decisions about a list of candidates that was very strong.
As always, each of our Top Young Professionals will be featured in more depth in the January 2020 issue of ENR Midwest.
- Stephanie Adamczyk, project manager at Ryan Cos.
- William S. Haas, director at AECOM
- Amy Canfield, associate vice president, AECOM
- Dana Al-Qadi, senior engineering consultant at AECOM
- Geoff Dauksas, senior associate at Thornton Tomasetti
- Lusnail Haberberger, president of LUZCO Technologies
- Megan Armstrong, executive vice president of engineering at Kiewit
- Todd Abrams, principal-in-charge of engineering at WT Group
- Ryan Sawall, vice president and business unit leader, McCarthy Building Cos.
- Justin Barton, project manager at Walter P Moore
- Luke Streit, associate and senior engineer at IMEG Corp.
- Shawn Clark, president of CRG
- Aaron Retherford, director of business development at Castle Contracting
- Daniel Lacy, vice president and business unit leader at McCownGordon Construction
- Eric Kamm, business development manager at Stanley Consultants
- Josh Rizzo, end user specialist and team leader at WernerCo
- Justin Boeck, superintendent at JE Dunn Construction
- Megan Parsons, renewable energy development manager at Burns & McDonnell
- Rick Dotson, area manager at Kiewit
- Tyler Grau, principal transportation engineer at Stanley Consultants