Family-owned Pahl Architecture, led by brothers Robert and Joseph M. Pahl, is celebrating its golden anniversary. Founded by the Pahls’ father, Joseph W. Pahl, in 1959, the firm has cultivated an interest in serving people and architecture old and new, all the while growing its staff and client base.
It has also changed its name more than a couple of times.
The firm originally concentrated on state and federal government projects, including the Colorado State Capitol building and numerous fire stations for the city of Denver. The addition of Joseph Pahl’s sons brought on several new niche markets, including historic preservation, hospitality, academic facilities and commercial environments.
In 1984, Joseph W. Pahl sold the firm, known then as Pahl-Pahl-Pahl Architects/Planners, to his two sons. In 2006 the company rebranded to symbolize a new era as Pahl Architecture.