The Structural Engineers Association of Illinois recently announced the 2010 Excellence in Structural Engineering Award winners during its annual banquet on June 5. The event was held at Murphy Auditorium in Chicago’s Gold Coast neighborhood.
The award winning projects and individuals include:
• Most Innovative Structure: Burj Khalifa, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP
• Jurors’ Favorite: The Ledge at Skydeck, located at Willis Tower, Chicago, Halcrow Yolles
• Best Large Structure: Aqua, Chicago, Ill., Magnusson Klemencic Associates
• Best Medium Structure: United Arab Emirates Pavilion, Shanghai, China, Halvorson and Partners
• Best Small Structure: The Burnham Pavilions, Chicago, Rockey Structures
• Awards of Merit: Hinsdale Modern, Private Residence, Hinsdale, Ill., Robert L. Miller Associates; Advocate Lutheran General Hospital, Patient Care Tower, Park Ridge, Ill., OWP/P | Cannon Design; Elysian Hotel & Private Residence, Chicago, Halvorson and Partners
• Meritorious Publication Award: Wind-Induced Curtain Wall Damage and Moment Resisting Frame Performance: The Emergency Response, Stabilization, Analysis, Testing and Retrofit of a 36-Story Urban High-Rise
• John Parmer Award: John E. Barrett
• SEAOI Service Award: David Gustafson
• Outstanding Young Engineer: Eric Fenskediv id="articleExtras"