The size and scale of projects across Texas and Louisiana is growing, as evidenced by the massive projects included on this year’s Top Project Starts list. In the upcoming April 20 print edition, ENR Texas & Louisiana will list the top 25 largest projects by total value that broke ground across the region in 2014.
Roughly $30 billion in work is included in this year's top starts list – that’s double the amount seen on last year’s Top Starts list.
The 25 project starts are listed alphabetically below, along with each project’s location. Be sure to look for more details on each project in our April issue.
Please keep in mind that the following list is preliminary, and is subject to change as additional information becomes available prior to publication of the ranking. Also, because this ranking has been ordered according to total project value, those projects that were unable or unwilling to disclose their total project value have not been included.
Did we miss a project valued over $150 million that began construction in 2014? Please let us know by sending an email to John Gregerson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Energy Sector Roadway Repair (ESR2P), south central Texas
- Cameron LNG Liquefaction Project (Sempra Liquefied Natural Gas Export Terminal), Hackberry, La.
- Chevron Phillips Chemical Co.'s U.S. Gulf Coast (USGC) Petrochemicals Project (includes ethylene cracker plant in Baytown and two polyethylene plants in Old Ocean), Baytown/Old Ocean, Texas
- Dell Medical School at The University of Texas, Austin, Texas
- Engineering Education & Research Center at the University of Texas at Austin, Austin, Texas
- Houston Marriott Marquis Hotel, Houston, Texas
- Houston Methodist The Woodlands Hospital, The Woodlands, Texas
- I-49 North (Segment K), Shreveport to Arkansas state line, La.
- IH 69 (NH 1402(081)), Houston, Texas
- Integrated Pipeline & Midlothian Balancing Reservoir, Midlothian, Texas
- Kyle Field Stadium Redevelopment Phase 2, College Station, Texas
- Loop 375 Border West Expressway, El Paso, Texas
- McKinney and Olive Mixed Use Development, Dallas, Texas
- Methanex Geismar II Methanol Plant, Geismar, La.
- Methanol Unit Chemical Plant - Celanese Clear Lake Facility, Pasadena, Texas
- Methodist Hospital/Childrens Hospital/Parking Garage, San Antonio, Texas
- NET Mexico Natural Gas Pipeline, Starr County, Texas
- North Tarrant Express I-35W Segment 3A, Fort Worth, Texas
- NRG Petra Nova Carbon Capture Facility and Pipeline, Thompsons (pipeline to West Ranch Field, Jackson County), Texas
- Robert B. Rowling Hall, McCombs School of Business, University of Texas, Austin, Texas
- South Louisiana Methanol Plant, St. James, La.
- Sweeny Fractionator One and Freeport Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) Export Terminal projects, Sweeny (fractionator), Freeport (export terminal), Texas
- Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, The Woodands, Texas
- TPCO Phase 2 Pipe Rolling & Finishing Mill, Gregory, Texas
- voestalpine Direct Reduction/Iron Ore Processing Plant, Portland, Texas