There's still to get your projects valued at over $100 million from our 11-state region into ENR Midwest's Top Starts list in our March issue.
What are Top Starts? Good question!
We use information from Dodge Data & Analytics' database of all construction starts from 2018 and other information to determine the biggest projects from Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio and Wisconsin. The final list will be published in the March 18-25, 2019, edition of ENR Midwest.
If you would like your projects listed, just e-mail me. Make sure to include the name of your project as you'd like to see it in print, its location [city or county and state], the total cost, the construction cost, its start date, the expected completion date, a brief description of it, the name of the owner or developer, the general contractor or construction manager and any of the design firms you'd like see listed.
Here's the preliminary list in alphabetical order. Notice all of the investments in new energy projects, and the Chicago and Detroit high-rises and major road and bridge investments we've become accustomed to in recent years and data centers and processing plants also make an appearance. Come back in March to see where they ranked!
- Arbor Hill Wind Farm, Adair County, Iowa
- Braidy Industries Aluminum Rolling Mill, Ashland, Ky.
- Critical Care Bldg. Expansion at Cincinnati Children's Hospital, Cincinnati, Ohio
- Diamond Vista Wind Farm, Marion and Dickinson County, Kansas
- The Gordie Howe International Bridge, Detroit and Windsor, Ont.
- Gulf Xpress Pipeline (Kentucky portion), Kentucky
- Microsoft (Project Alluvion) Regional Data Center, West Des Moines, Iowa
- Mixed Use Project at the Former Hudson's Site, Detroit
- NEMA Chicago Apartment/Retail Development, Chicago
- NEXUS Natural Gas Pipeline (Michigan portion) Detroit area
- North English Wind Farm, Poweshiek County, Iowa
- Office Tower with Retail (110 N. Wacker Drive), Chicago
- Old Main Post Office, Chicago
- Oregon Natural Gas-Fired Combined-Cycle Electric Generating Facility, Oregon, Ohio
- Orient Wind Farm, Adair County, Iowa
- Solomon Forks Wind Project, Colby, Kansas
- South Field Energy Electric Power Plant, Wellsville, Ohio
- Technology to Extract/Process Sulphur & Nitrogen (Pine Bend), Rosemount, Minn.