ENR Midwest will publish our Top Starts of 2017 in the March issue. Our list is based on Dodge Data & Analytics and our own sources, including past ENR issues.
What's posted below is actually a preliminary list of 25 top construction starts listed in alphabetical order from the region, which comprises Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Missouri, Minnesota, Nebraska, Ohio and Wisconsin. If you have a project that qualifies please contact us.
These projects are each valued at more than $100 million. The preliminary list is subject to change as we gather more information prior to publishing the rankings. If you’d like to submit a project for our list please note that it has to have started construction in 2017 and be valued at more than $100 million, email me ENRMidwestEditor@ENR.com with your nominees. The final Top Starts ranking will publish with the March 26 print edition of ENR Midwest.
Also note that a project start is defined as the beginning of construction activity on the job site, as opposed to just the start of pre-construction or a ground-breaking ceremony. In addition to the project cost, please include the names of the firms on the project team as well as the owner and developer, the project start date and projected completion date. It is also helpful if you include renderings or construction photos. Make sure to include photo credits with the images.
- BNSF Railways Auto Facility/Track Maintenance, Emporia, Kansas
- Beaver Creek Wind Project, Boone and Greene Counties, Iowa
- Brigitte Harris Cancer Pavilion at Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit
- Combined Sewer Overflow Reduction Tunnel Works, Fort Wayne, Ind.
- Cottonwood Wind Farm, Blue Hill, Neb.
- Facebook Data Center, Papillion, Neb.
- Great Northern Transmission Line Phase I, Hibbin, Minn.
- Indiana NDI Tower Building, Indianapolis
- Leach and Rayne Express Natural Gas Pipeline Facilities, Ohio
- Lexington Convention Center Expansion/Relocation, Lexington, Ky.
- Mankato Power Plant Expansion, Mankato, Minn.
- MI/DOT: I- 75 Bridge Improvement, Detroit
- MLS Soccer Stadium, St. Paul, Minn.
- Ohio River Tunnel Tunnel and Shafts Package, Louisville, Ky.
- Prairie Wind Project, Clay and Dickinson Counties, Iowa
- Quilt Block Wind Farm, Dane County, Wis.
- Rattlesnake Creek Wind Farm, Allen, Neb.
- Rover Natural Gas Pipeline, Ohio and Michigan
- Spoon River Transmission Project, Galesburg, Ill.
- Supernap of Michigan Data Center Expansion, Caledonia, Mich.
- St. Cloud Technical High School Building at Clark Field, St. Cloud, Minn.
- Walnut Ridge Wind Farm, Bureau County, Ill.
- Washington University in St. Louis East End Transformation, St. Louis
- Northwestern University Welsh-Ryan Arena, Evanston, Ill.
- Willis Tower Renovation/Addition, Chicago