Every year, ENR Midwest is honored to rank the region’s largest projects that started construction during the previous calendar year. For 2015, a few projects in Minnesota are expected to join those from Wisconsin, Illinois, Missouri, Indiana, Ohio and Michigan on our final list.
So far, at or near the top of the grand list are three huge energy projects: the Middletown Energy Center Power Plant in southwest Ohio, the Combined Cycle Gas Turbine Power Station in central Indiana, and the Carrollton Electric Power Plant in eastern Ohio.
To compile the annual list, our editors use multiple sources to confirm the information listed, including the comprehensive Dodge database published by Dodge Data & Analytics. We’re continuing to finalize our list, which will be published in the next print issue of ENR Midwest in March. So, stay tuned.
For now, we’re including an alphabetical list of projects that could be included in this year’s Top Starts ranking:
- 150 North Riverside Office Tower, Chicago
- 1855 Place Mixed Use Development Phase I & II, East Lansing, Mich.
- Alpine Electric Power Generating Plant, Elmira, Mich.
- Biological Science Building, Ann Arbor, Mich.
- Carrollton Electric Power Plant, Carrolton, Ohio
- Cerner Trails Campus – Phase 1 & 2, Kansas City, Mo.
- Children’s Hospital Patient Tower & Rooms, Detroit
- Cline Avenue Toll Bridge, East Chicago, Ind.
- Combined Cycle Gas Turbine Power Station, Martinsville, Ind.
- CSO Ohio Canal Interceptor Tunnel, Akron, Ohio
- Detroit Entertainment & Events Center, Detroit
- Dugway Storage Tunnel, Cleveland
- Enbridge Oil Pipeline (Line 78), Northeast Illinois
- General Motors Fort Wayne Assembly Plant, Roanoke, Ind.
- HCMC Clinic & Parking Garage, Minneapolis
- Health Education Campus-CWRU Medical School, Cleveland
- IN/DOT/IFA I-69 Section 5 Project Extension, Central Indiana
- Jefferson Barracks Campus, St. Louis
- McCormick Place Marriott Marquis Hotel, Chicago
- Middletown Energy Center Power Plant, Middletown, Ohio
- Monsanto Research Building, Chesterfield, Mo.
- Natural Gas-Fired Power Plant Facility, Holland, Mich.
- No. 9 Walton Condo Building, Chicago
- Northwestern Lake Forest Hospital, Lake Forest, Ill.
- Odell Wind Farm, Southwest Minnesota
- O’Hare Joint Use Consolidated Rental Car/ATS Extension, Chicago
- OH/DOT IR 75 Interchange Improvements, Toledo, Ohio
- Southern Ohio Veterans Memorial Highway, Portsmouth, Ohio
- St. Elizabeth’s Hospital Medical Center, O’Fallon, Ill.
- Stickney Water Reclamation Plant, Cicero, Ill.
- WI/DOT Zoo Interchange Reconstruction Phase 2, Milwaukee