ENR is pleased to announce ENR Northwest’s 2021 Excellence in Safety and Excellence in Sustainability award winners. The safety and sustainability awards are part of ENR’s annual Northwest Regional Best Projects competition. The Northwest region encompasses Alaska, Oregon and Washington.
Each year, a panel of safety experts volunteer to consider projects’ overall safety program, OSHA recordable incident rates, lost time accident rates and total worker hours on the job.
This year is the first that ENR is honoring project teams with a separate award for sustainability. A separate panel of judges considered projects based on best practices and innovation on reducing the construction industry’s impact on the environment.
This year's independent panel of safety experts are:
- Craig Decesare, WSP
- John McKenzie, JE Dunn Construction
- Jeff Smith, Turner Construction Co.
This year's independent panel of sustainability experts are:
- Joe Burg, Brown and Caldwell
- Courtney O’Neill, AECOM
All winning project teams will be celebrated at a live event this fall in Seattle on Tuesday, Nov. 30. For more information: https://www.enr.com/enr-best-projects-awards/seattle
Thank you to our judges, and congratulations to all our winners!
Excellence in Safety Award
- The Emerald, submitted by Andersen Construction
Safety Award of Merit
- Gideon Street Overcrossing Project, submitted by Stacy and Witbeck, Inc.
Excellence in Sustainability Award
- Watershed Building, submitted by DCI Engineers
Sustainability Award of Merit
- Mukilteo Ferry Terminal, submitted by IMCO General Construction