ENR Northwest is pleased to announce the 2021 Regional Best Projects winners! So far in ENR’s annual regional contest, ENR Northwest judges have awarded 15 honors for the region, which includes Alaska, Oregon and Washington.
ENR Northwest assembled a group of judges, with varying specialties and expertise in the construction industry, to review, score and form a panel to determine Best Projects winners for the region. Judges independently review entries, score each on pre-specified criteria, and convene with fellow judges to vote. Together, the judges’ panels select honorees for Best Project and Merit awards. (Judges recuse themselves in cases of conflict of interest.)
This year's judges are, in alphabetical order by first name:
- Brandon Maurisak, senior transit engineer, AECOM
- Bryan Cook, preconstruction services director, JE Dunn Construction
- Feng Li, project geotechnical engineer, Golder Associates
- John Schaufelberger, professor, department of construction management, University of Washington
- Sam Holden, project executive, Skanska USA Building
- Taylor Johnson, senior project manager, Clark Construction Group
Judges will choose a Project of the Year from the Best Project-level winners listed below – which ENR will announce at the ENR Northwest Regional Best Projects Awards in late November (you can register by clicking here). And please stay tuned for our announcement of annual Excellence in Safety and Excellence in Sustainability award winners.
Congratulations to this year’s winners!
- Mukilteo Ferry Terminal, submitted by IMCO General Construction
Award of Merit Airport/Transit
- Sound Transit – Operations and Maintenance Facility East, submitted by Hensel Phelps Construction Co.
Best Government/Public Building
- Willamette National Cemetery – Gravesite Expansion & Cemetery Improvements, submitted by Kiewit Infrastructure West Co.
Awards of Merit Government/Public Building
- City of Salem Police Station, submitted by JE Dunn Construction
- Hidden Creek Community Center, submitted by Swinerton
- Glenn Highway Phase 1 & 2, submitted by Kiewit Infrastructure West Co.
- Alaska Airlines Copper River - Phase 1, submitted by Howard S. Wright, a Balfour Beatty company
Award of Merit Office/Retail
- Watershed, submitted by DCI Engineers
- Webster Elementary School, submitted by BNBuilders
Awards of Merit Renovation/Restoration
- The Lodge at St. Edward Park, submitted by Lydig Construction
- T-Mobile Headquarters, submitted by Gensler
Best Small Project (under $10 million)
- Gideon Street Overcrossing Project, submitted by Stacy and Witbeck Inc.
Award of Merit Small Project (under $10 million)
- Tumwater Falls Hatchery Modernization, submitted by HDR
Award of Merit Specialty Construction
- Seattle Monorail Electrical Room Upgrades, submitted by C3M Power Systems
Award of Merit Water/Environment
- I-5 and SR 548 California Creek Fish Passage Project, submitted by Kiewit Infrastructure West Co.