Congratulations to ENR California & Northwest’s Top Young Professionals. We are excited to announce the winners of this annual program which honors up-and-coming leaders in architecture, construction and engineering.
ENR California & Northwest’s Top Young Professionals salutes 25 individuals, from the region of Alaska, California, Hawaii, Oregon, and Alaska, who are under 40 years of age and have shown extraordinary leadership and service.
Nominees are judged by a volunteer panel of their peers on industry experience and education, career and leadership, and community service and involvement. Each honoree will be profiled in more detail in an upcoming issue of ENR California & Northwest.
Thank you to our judges (in alphabetical order by first name):
- Eric Solem, Project Director, Exxel Pacific
- Ginger Kelly, Vice President, Marketing, RIM Architects
- Kelly Havens, Senior Engineer, Geosyntec Consultants
- Mannie Barnes, Construction Manager, Guy F. Atkinson Construction
- Menzer Pehlivan, Geotechnical Engineer, Jacobs
- Michael Boomsma, Senior Vice President of Education Facilities, Cordoba Corp.
- Todd Duwe, Vice President of Business Development, Perlo Construction
- Wendy MacLeod, Project Director, Turner Construction Co.
ENR encourages those who submitted but did not win this year to resubmit next year if the candidate is still eligible.
Next, the winning entries will advance to compete for ENR's National Top Young 20 Under 40. The national winners will be announced this spring.
The following are ENR California & Northwest’s Top Young Professionals in alphabetical order by first name. Look for their profiles in our upcoming February print issue. Congratulations!
- Abir Coury Hanna; Senior Project Controls Manager, CM Solutions; La Mirada, Calif.
- Andy Osvalds; Freight Rail Area Leader, HDR; Irvine, Calif.
- Angie Kung; Environmental Sciences Highway Section Manager, HDR; Irvine, Calif.
- Beatriz Kim; Engineering Team Lead, Rosendin; Sunnyvale, Calif.
- Brittany Williams; Senior Design Manager, Strategic Innovation, Webcor; San Francisco
- Bryan Cook; Preconstruction Services Director, Vice President, JE Dunn Construction; Portland, Ore.
- Courtney O'Neill; Associate Vice President, AECOM; Seattle, Wash.
- David M. Alford; Vice President Project Executive, McCarthy Buildings Cos.; Newport Beach, Calif.
- Gary Pare; Pipelines Section Manager, Burns & McDonnell; Brea, Calif.
- James Kirk; Project Manager, Contrack Watts; Gig Harbor, Wash.
- Jenelle Shapiro; Director of Sustainability, Webcor; San Francisco
- Jeralee Anderson; President/CEO, Greenroads International; Seattle, Wash.
- Jessica Madrigal; Owner/VP, Bjork Construction Co.; Fremont, Calif.
- Jeyre Lewis; Construction Manager, PCL Construction Services; Glendale, Calif.
- Keon B. West; Senior Superintendent, Clark Construction Group; San Diego, Calif.
- Kirstin Harper-Smith; Project Executive, Shawmut Design and Construction; Los Angeles
- Kyle Turner; Bridge Engineer,Michael Baker International; Ontario, Calif.
- Manouchehr Hakhamaneshi; Project Engineer, California Department of Transportation; Adjunct Professor, California State University East Bay; Oakland, Calif.
- Matthew Gollan; Construction Manager, AECOM; Orange, Calif.
- Moe Goudarzi; Associate Principal, Arup; Los Angeles
- Ross B. Cussen; Principal, Thornton Tomasetti; Los Angeles
- Shaun Sleeth; Executive Vice President, McCarthy Building Cos.; Roseville, Calif.
- Taylor Johnson; Senior Project Manager, Clark Construction Group; Seattle, Wash.
- Vi Lam; Project Manager, AECOM; San Francisco
- Victor Nunez; Project Engineer/Project Manager, Turner Construction; Oakland, Calif.