ENR Northwest is pleased to announce the 2019 Excellence in Safety awards as part of our Regional Best Projects competition. Our safety judges considered a project’s overall safety program, OSHA recordable incident rate, lost time accident rate and total man hours on the job.
This year's independent panel of safety experts included:
- Jamal M AbuSneineh, Principal Safety Consultant, Portland General Electric
- John McKenzie, Safety Manager, JE Dunn Construction
All winning project teams — as well as our Owner of the Year, Design Firm of the Year, Contractor of the Year, Specialty Contractor of the Year and Legacy Award winner — will be celebrated at ENR Northwest’s annual Regional Best Projects event on Wednesday, Dec. 18, 2019 in Seattle at the W Seattle. Please click here for registration and more information about the event.
Thank you to our judges, and congratulations to our winners!
Excellence in Safety Award Winner – Northwest
- WSDOT Alaskan Way Tunnel Design Build, SR 99 Deep Bored Tunnel, submitted by HNTB Corp.
Excellence in Safety Award of Merits – Northwest
- Locomotive Service Facility at the Amtrak Seattle King Street Coach Yard, submitted by PCL Construction Services Inc.
- Bonneville Power Administration Quenett Creek Substation, submitted by Burns & McDonnell
Earlier this year, ENR Northwest announced its 2019 Northwest Regional Best Projects award winners. Each year, ENR Northwest assembles a group of judges, with varying specialties and expertise in the construction industry, to review, score and form a panel to determine Best Projects winners for the region. Judges independently review entries, score each on pre-specified criteria, and convene with fellow judges to compare impressions and scores.