As 2020 finally begins to come to an end, ENR Southeast’s Top Young Professionals contest is looking to the future. That’s right, it’s that time of the year again, when ENR Southeast announces its next class of Top Young Professionals. The contest recognizes up-and-coming Southeast construction industry professionals who exhibit notable achievements in terms of career and industry leadership, community service and creating landmark projects.
This year, ENR Southeast enlisted the services of four outstanding industry professionals as our Top Young Professionals judges. Returning veteran judges included Brent Darnell, owner and president of Brent Darnell International of Atlanta, as well as Cheryl Maze, principal with Orlando-based TLC Engineering Solutions. Additionally, Kevin J. Kelly, president of Sauer Inc., and Rachel Klinger, principal engineer with Geosyntec Consultants—both of whom were recognized as Southeast Top Young Professionals a year ago—joined in to help determine this year’s class. (It should be noted that judges recused themselves from voting if a candidate presented a conflict of interest.)
We’ll have more information about each of this year’s honorees in the upcoming January 2021 print edition of ENR Southeast. Until then, here's an alphabetical list of this year's class. Congratulations to this year’s Top Young Professionals!
• Alex Albert — Associate professor, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, N.C.
• Riley Birmingham — Rail section lead, HDR Engineering, Charlotte
• Lauren Catoe — Assistant general counsel, AECOM Hunt, Tampa
• Wheeler Crook — Vice president of engineering, Goodwyn, Mills & Cawood, Inc., Montgomery, Ala.
• Ryan T. Eckenrode — Project manager, senior traffic engineer, AECOM, Greenville, S.C.
• Tahir Edwards — Design and construction integration manager, The Weitz Company, West Palm Beach, Fla.
• Erika Grace — Project manager, AECOM, Greenville, S.C.
• Keaton Green — Vice president, Frampton Construction, Ladson, S.C.
• Aaron Johnson — Principal and healthcare managing principal, TLC Engineering Solutions, Inc., Orlando
• Ryan Johnson — Computational design specialist, Clark Nexsen, Raleigh, N.C.
• Jeff Jones — Superintendent, Robins & Morton, Huntsville, Ala.
• Bradley J. Lockwood — Vice president, Moseley Architects, Raleigh, N.C.
• Emily Mathis — Senior manager, pre-construction services, Gray, Birmingham, Ala.
• Blake Riedling — Operations manager, Brasfield & Gorrie, Atlanta
• Stacy Rooker — Director of preconstruction, Corvias, Cary, N.C.
• Joey Smith — Director, Frampton Construction, Charlotte
• Tyler Stephens — Vice president of operations, Caddell Construction, Montgomery, Ala.
• Charles Stuart — Vice president, Hood Construction, Columbia, S.C.
• Jennifer Todd — Founder and president, LMS General Contractors, Inc., Pompano Beach, Fla.
• Meredith Van Duyn — Transportation development group leader, RS&H, Raleigh, N.C.