ENR Southwest will feature a list of the top construction starts of 2012 in the March issue. Top Starts 2012 will feature the 25 largest projects to break ground in Arizona, Nevada and New Mexico.
The total value of the Top 25 starts in 2012 was nearly $3.5 billion and provides a significant positive impact to the construction industry.
The 25 project starts are listed alphabetically below. Be sure to read the March 19 issue of ENR Southwest to learn where each of these projects rank, and to find out additional information such as construction costs and project teams. The Top Starts 2012 section will also feature interviews with key members of the project teams.
Note that the following list is preliminary, and is subject to change as additional information becomes available prior to publication of the ranking.
- Arlington Valley Solar Energy II, Arlington, Ariz., LS Power
- ASU Manzanita Hall, Tempe, Ariz. American Campus Communities
- Banner Estrella Medical Center Expansion and Renovations, Phoenix, Banner Health Arizona
- Central Mesa Light Rail Extension, Mesa, Ariz., Valley Metro Rail, Inc.
- City of Chandler Airport Water Reclamation Facility Expansion – Expansion to 22 MGD, Chandler, Ariz., City of Chandler
- Copper Mountain Solar 2, Boulder City, Nev., Sempra Energy Resources
- Gateway Freeway, SR202L to Ellsworth Rd. Mesa, Ariz., Arizona Dept. of Transportation
- Grandview Resort - Tower 5, Las Vegas, Eldorado Resorts/The Berkley Group
- Intel Fab CH8 Research & Development Facility, Chandler, Ariz., Intel Corp.
- Maricopa County Sheriff's Office 911 Dispatch Center and Administration Building, Phoenix, Maricopa County
- Marriott Grand Chateau Phase 3, Las Vegas, Marriott Vacation Club International
- Pima County Downtown Courts Complex, Tucson, Ariz., Pima County
- Prologis Park Riverside Bldg #1, Phoenix, Prologis
- Proton Beam Therapy Cancer Center, Phoenix, Mayo Clinic Hospital
- Roosevelt Point Apartments, Phoenix, Concord Eastridge & EdR
- SkyVue, Las Vegas, Desert Land LLC
- SR 303L: Glendale Avenue - Peoria Avenue, Glendale, Ariz., Arizona Dept. of Transportation
- St. Rose Dominican Hospitals - Siena Campus: Tower, Additions and Alterations, Henderson, NV, Dignity Health
- Sunland Park Gas-Fueled Utility Generating Plant (87 MW, Sunland Park, N.M., El Paso Electric Co.
- The LINQ, Las Vegas, Nev., Caesars Entertainment/Harrah's
- Tucson Modern Streetcar Project, Tucson, Ariz., City of Tucson
- Union Pacific Santa Teresa Facility, Santa Teresa, N.M., Union Pacific Railroad
- Vee Quiva Casino & Hotel, Komatke, Ariz., Gila River Indian Community
- Wrigleyville West - Chicago Cubs Training Facility, Mesa, Ariz., City of Mesa
- Zappos Headquarters, Las Vegas, Nev., Resort Gaming Group LLC