Ben is the youngest member of the board of directors for Valley Partnership in Phoenix. Melissa was Nevada's first LEED-AP lawyer and is a key member of the ConsensusDOCS advisory counsel. John started at his N.M. firm pulling weeds during a summer job, and worked his way up to become president.
What do these three individuals have in common? They have each been selected to appear among ENR Southwest’s 2013 Top 20 Under 40, a list of key design and construction industry individuals working in Arizona, New Mexico and Nevada. The list will appear in the January print edition of ENR Southwest magazine.
These young leaders were selected by our panel of industry judges—some of whom have themselves appeared among past Top 20 Under 40 lists—as outstanding examples of leadership, drive and teamwork. Our judges looked at each nominee’s industry involvement, community service, landmark projects and work-life balance.
Many outstanding nominations were received, but we only have room to honor the top 20. I strongly encourage anyone not selected this year to re-apply next year (if still eligible), especially if you add to your list of achievements in the coming 12 months.
Thanks again to all who participated, from the judges to the submitters, and congratulations to the winners! Be sure to read the January 2013 issue, which will spotlight each individual’s accomplishments.
- Dan Albrecht, VP Operations, The Noel Company Inc., Albuquerque, N.M.
- James Bailey, Phoenix Division Manager, Skanska USA Civil, Phoenix, Ariz.
- Melissa Beutler, Associate, Holland & Hart LLP, Las Vegas, Nev.
- Matt Brinkman, Regional Energy Group Manager, Burns & McDonnell, Phoenix, Ariz.
- Christa Chau, Structural Engineer/Project Manager, PK Associates, Scottsdale, Ariz.
- Paul Corens, Senior Portfolio Manager, Arizona PSPRS, Phoenix, Ariz.
- Eric Froberg, New Mexico Operations Manager, TYLin International, Albuquerque, N.M.
- Jason Funk, President, Western Window Systems, Phoenix, Ariz.
- Adam B. Harrington, CFO/Safety Director/HR Director, HB Construction, Albuquerque, N.M.
- Shawn Ingram, Vice President of Operations, Water Services, McCarthy Building Cos., Phoenix, Ariz.
- Halleh Landon, Vice President, Energy Systems Design, Scottsdale, Ariz.
- Mauricio Ramos, Manager, Special Projects, PCL Construction Inc.,Tempe, Ariz.
- Ryan Rhoades, Principal Project Manager, CH2M Hill, Phoenix, Ariz.
- Bryan Richards, Project Manager, The PENTA Building Group, Las Vegas, Nev.
- Ben Shunk, Senior Project Manager, Adolfson & Peterson Construction, Tempe, Ariz.
- John Michael Stroud, President, JB Henderson Construction Co. Inc., Albuquerque, N.M.
- Jennifer Turchin, Principal/Senior Consultant, Coda Architecture/Sellen Sustainability, Las Vegas, Nev.
- Erin Umberger, Associate, Project Director, Westlake Reed Leskosky, Phoenix, Ariz.
- Jeff Wagner, Principal, [N]Site Studios, Las Vegas , Nev.
- Jody Walker Belsick, President, Walker Engineering, Las Vegas, Nev.
Thank You Judges:
- Caleb King, Division Manager, Pacific Architectural Millwork, Los Angeles
- Cynthia Schultz, President, Bradbury Stamm Construction, Albuquerque
- Danielle Feroleto, Principal/Owner, Small Giants, Phoenix
- Ryan Abbott, Science + Technology Group Leader, Sundt Construction, Tempe
- Wylie Bearup, Street Transportation Director, City of Phoenix