Every year ENR Southwest presents its list of the top construction starts of the previous year. The Top Starts 2011 ranking will appear in the March 19 issue of ENR Southwest, and will feature 25 projects that are valued at more than $7 billion Many of these large-scale projects will continue to create jobs and add to the Southwest economy for several years.
Below is a list of the 25 project starts listed alphabetically. Be sure to read the March 19 issue of ENR Southwest to learn where each of these projects rank, and to find out additional information such as construction costs. The Top Starts 2011 section will also feature interviews with key members of the project teams.
Note that the following list is preliminary, and is subject to change as additional information becomes available prior to publication of the ranking.
• 215 Bruce Woodbury Beltway, Tenaya Way To Decatur Blvd., located in Las Vegas, Nev. for Clark County Public Works
• 32 MGD Water Reclamation Campus, located in Tucson, Ariz. for Pima County
• ASU McCord Hall at the W. P. Carey School of Business, located in Tempe, Ariz. for Arizona State University
• CCWD Advanced Wastewater Treatment Membrane/Ozonation Facilities Phase #1, located in Las Vegas, for Clark County Water Reclamation District
• Chandler Regional Medical Center Tower Expansion, located in Chandler, Ariz. for Dignity Health
• Crescent Dunes Solar Energy Project, located in Tonopah, Nev. for SolarReserve
• First Solar Manufacturing Plant, located in Mesa, Ariz. for First Solar
• Harmon Corner, located in Las Vegas, Nev. for BPS Partners
• I-10 & Loop 303 Interchange, located in Phoenix, Ariz. for ADOT
• I-10 Ruthrauff to Prince Rd. (Milepost 252.44 - 254.77), located in Tucson, Ariz. for ADOT
• I-17 Cordes Junction, located in Prescott, Ariz. for ADOT
• I-80, Robb Dr. Interchange To Vista Blvd Interchange, located in Reno, Nev. for NV DOT
• Intel Fab 42 Semiconductor Manufacturing Facility, located in Chandler, Ariz. for Intel Corp.
• McCarran Air Traffic Control Tower, located in Las Vegas, Nev. for FAA
• NAU Residence Halls (Hilltop Townhomes & The Suites on McConnell Drive), located in Flagstaff, Ariz. for American Campus Communities
• Northern Edge Navajo Nation Casino - Phase 1, located in Upper Fruitland, N.M. for Navajo Nation Gaming Enterprise
• One Nevada Transmission Line (ON Line), located in Ely, Nev. for NV Energy
• Patua Geothermal Power Plant, located in Fernley, Nev. for Gradient Resources
• Silver State North Solar Electric Project, located in Jean, Nev. for First Solar
• Sky Harbor Airport SkyTrain Phase 1A, located in Phoenix, Ariz. for City of Phoenix Aviation Dept.
• Solana Solar Generating Station Plant, located in Gila Bend, Ariz. for Abengoa Solar Inc./Arizona Solar One LLC
• Spring Valley Wind Farm & Electrical Substation, located in Ely, Nev. for Pattern Energy Group LP
• Twin Arrows Navajo Resort & Casino, located in Flagstaff, Ariz. for Navajo Nation Gaming Enterprise; Sicon LLC
• University of Arizona North End Zone Stadium Upgrages, located in Tucson, Ariz. for University of Arizona
• Urban Outfitters Distribution Center, located in Reno, Nev. for DP Partners