A CEO who has overseen $240 million in work. An architect who became a successful developer and sold his first business before the age of 30. A woman who started as a project engineer and worked her way up to become president of a 90-year-old contracting firm at the age of 31.
These are 2011’s 20 under 40—young industry leaders that, in just a few short years, have helped shape the industry and make the Southwest a better place to live. The 20 under 40 were selected by a panel of judges comprised of industry experts, some of whom were winners themselves of last year’s 20 under 40.
The January edition of ENR Southwest will profile each of the 20 under 40 in more detail and show their dedication to the health of the construction industry, the community and their families.
2011's 20 under 40, in alphabetical order:
- Ryan Abbott, Sundt Construction Inc.
- Scott Canada, McCarthy Building Companies
- Kari J. Edenfield, Souder, Miller and Associates
- Lance Enyart, LEA-Architects, LLC
- Robert J. Garra Jr., Cannon Design
- Andrew Geier, Layton Construction Co.
- Michael Godbehere, GCON, Inc.
- Jason W. Harrington, HB Construction
- Joseph Herzog, Shepley Bulfinch
- Caleb King, Giroux Glass Inc.
- Christopher Langham, JW Zunino Landscape Architecture
- Grant Larson, Meadow Valley Contractors Inc.
- Scott James Macpherson, Rider Levett Bucknall
- Michael Markham Jr., Markham Contracting Co. Inc.
- Christopher Nieto, Shepley Bulfinch
- Scott Root, Kitchell
- Doug Rounds, Lochsa Engineering
- Cynthia K. Schultz, Bradbury Stamm Construction Inc.
- Shane Silsby, City of Phoenix, Street Transportation Department
- Ryan Smith, Smith Architects, Inc.