Call For Speakers
ENR is returning to San Francisco next year to present the 2019 Groundbreaking Women in Construction (GWIC) conference! To create an even more dynamic and insightful program each year, we seek your ideas and input on key issues, trends and best practices shaping women's careers in construction.
As anyone who has attended knows, GWIC is much more than just a conference. It is a catalyst that helps women at all levels develop their presence, expand their influence and further their career success. GWIC allows attendees to share, learn, challenge and inspire each other to realize their greatest potential in their organizations.
GWIC has grown into one of the construction industry's premier leadership and talent management events. GWIC 2018 was a sell-out with nearly 700 attendees!
Proposal Submission Deadline Just Extended!
Tuesday, November 27, 2018
Who should submit a proposal?
We encourage proposals from women and men in all construction sectors—architecture, engineering, consulting, contracting, supplier-vendors and related businesses, in all career fields and levels—administrative, support, technical, business, trades, management, executives, legal and other positions.
What topics are preferred for speakers?
Polling our recent GWIC attendees indicated interest in the following topics for future conferences:
- Gender disparity in compensation and pay equity analysis
- Management Track—Or Not??
- Exploring the male perspective on women’s leadership and advancement
- Self-help and personal development
- Strategies and best practices to resolve and prevent workplace sexual harassment and hidden gender bias
- Project leadership and team building
- Recruitment and retention
- Innovative work-life balance approaches
- Career development
- Carving new career paths
- Additional topics based on your technical experience, business processes and other insights
What are the guidelines for submissions?
- GWIC will weigh topics based on innovation, transformative potential, issue importance and WOW factor.
- Please do not submit names of speakers who addressed GWIC last year. See the 2018 agenda
- Proposals can come from multiple submitters in one organization on multiple topics, but to encourage broad industry participation, only one of the speakers or teams from a particular employer will be chosen for the program. Coordination of multiple proposal topics from one company into a single proposal is recommended to speed review.
- GWIC does not cover the costs of travel or accommodation for speakers
- Speakers receive (1) free conference registration ($495 value) as appreciation for their effort and time
- All proposals must be submitted through ENR’s web portal. Emailed proposals will not be accepted.
Tuesday, November 27, 2018
Review process will take place in December and January
We will notify you by email of the status of your submission in February