ENR Mountain States magazine previously announced its 2020 Best Projects award winners (see my editor’s blog on this website). Now, after tabulating final results and polling our judges, we are ready to reveal the winners of this year’s Best Projects Excellence in Safety Awards.
This year’s safety competition was one of the most competitive so far. Our safety judges noted that many firms have improved not only their safety records but also their approaches to safety and their safety cultures through comprehensive, job-specific programs with well-documented plans and good follow-up.
Here are this year’s safety winners, by region. Congratulations to all the firms!
- First Place Winner: Eagle County Regional Airport Expansion and Remodel, Eagle County, Colo., Entry submitted by Hensel Phelps
- Merit Award: Wyoming Capitol Square, Cheyenne, Entry submitted by JE Dunn Construction
- Merit Award: United States Olympic and Paralympic Museum, Colorado Springs, Entry submitted by GE Johnson
Intermountain Area (Utah, Montana, Idaho)
- First Place Winner: U.S. Magnesium Lithium Plant, Rowley Utah, Entry submitted by Wollam Construction Co. Inc.
- Merit Award: Univ. of Utah Health Care Ambulatory Care Complex, Salt Lake City, Entry submitted by Jacobsen Construction Co.