Each year, ENR Southeast ranks the largest projects to start construction during the previous year in the states of Alabama, Florida, Georgia, the Carolinas and Tennessee, as well as Puerto Rico. For this research-based ranking, ENR Southeast uses a variety of sources, including information from Dodge Data & Analytics, as well as news reports from Engineering News-Record and other media publications.
Additionally, we’re asking contractors and design firms to tell us about their largest Southeast projects to start construction last year. With that in mind, if your firm started construction in 2018 on any projects with an overall cost of at least $150 million, please email me at email@example.com with some details. We’ll continue to update the Top Starts ranking as we learn about more projects.
The final Top Starts ranking will publish with the March 11 print edition of ENR Southeast. For now, we’re including here this preliminary, alphabetical list of projects that are likely to be included in this year’s Top Starts ranking.
- 12th and Broadway Mixed-Use Development - Nashville
- Ally Charlotte Center, Tryon Place – Charlotte
- Amazon Distribution Center, Project Axis – Garner, N.C.
- Amazon Distribution Center, Project Quattro – Charlotte
- Art Plaza Residential Tower – Miami
- Bal Harbour Shops Expansion – Bal Harbour, Fla.
- Baptist Hospital of Miami, East Campus Bed Tower and Central Energy Plant - Miami
- Eagle LNG Facility – Jacksonville, Fla.
- Facebook Data Center at Stanton Springs – Covington, Ga.
- Facebook Data Center, Project Cricket – Huntsville, Ala.
- FirstSolar Solar Power Plant – Jeffersonville, Ga.
- FirstSolar Solar Power Plant – Tuscumbia, Ala.
- Gables Station Mixed-Use Project – Coral Gables, Fla.
- Google Data Center, Project Mustang – Stevenson, Ala.
- HH Orthopedic and Spine Tower – Huntsville, Ala.
- Irving Consumer Products Tissue Plant – Macon, Ga.
- JM Family Corporate Campus – Deerfield Beach, Fla.
- John M. and Claudia W. Belk Heart and Vascular Institute and the Edward I. and Agnes B. Weisiger Cancer Institute — Charlotte, NC
- The Joseph Nashville Hotel - Nashville
- The Main Las Olas Mixed-Use Project – Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
- The Mark Student Housing Tower - Atlanta
- Nokian Tyres Manufacturing/Warehouse Complex – Dayton, Tenn.
- Plantation General Hospital – Davie, Fla.
- The Plaza Coral Gables Mixed-Use Project – Coral Gables, Fla.
- St. Jude’s Advanced Research Center – Memphis
- Walt Disney World Solar Panel Farm – Lake Buena Vista, Fla.
- X Las Olas Apartments – Fort Lauderdale, Fla.