Update, 2/10/16 - ENR Southeast has updated its list of projects likely to be included in our upcoming Top Starts ranking, to be published in March.
As we do each year, ENR Southeast is working to finalize our annual ranking of the largest projects in the states of Florida, Georgia, North Carolina and South Carolina that started construction during the preceding calendar year. To ensure that this annual ranking is as comprehensive and complete as possible, editors use multiple sources for confirming the projects that will be listed.
Continuing as one of our go-to resources is the Dodge database, published by Dodge Data & Analytics. Also, as we do each year, we’re soliciting information from the region’s contractors about the biggest projects they started building last year. Other sources include state transportation agencies, project websites and news reports-including those of ENR and ENR Southeast.
One of the highest-profile projects that kicked off construction last year was the ‘I-4 Ultimate’ project, which aims to reconstruct roughly 21 miles of Interstate 4 through the Orlando area. At a cost of $2.3 billion, the I-4 Ultimate project has a good chance of landing at, or near, the top of the coming Top Starts ranking. But readers will have to wait until ENR Southeast’s next print edition in March to find out the final results.
For now, we’re including here an alphabetical list of projects that should be included in this year’s Top Starts ranking. We’ll be adding more projects to this list as we confirm their details. So stay tuned.
- 300 South Tryon, Charlotte
- All Aboard Florida, Miami-to-West Palm Beach/TriRail, South Florida
- Amazon Wind Farm, Elizabeth City, N.C.
- Aria on the Bay, Miami
- Auberge Beach, Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
- Automated People Mover System, Tampa Int'l Airport, Tampa
- Aventura Mall Expansion III, Aventura, Fla.
- Azure on the Park, Atlanta
- The Battery, Cobb County, Ga.
- Celebration Pointe Mixed-Use Development, Gainesville, Fla.
- CityPlace Doral, Miami
- Consolidated Rental Car Facility, Tampa Int'l Airport, Tampa
- Dania Pointe Mixed-Use Development Dania Beach, Fla.
- Douthit Hills Student Community and Mixed-Use Development, Clemson, S.C.
- Florida Hospital Apopka Replacement Hospital, Apopka, Fla.
- Google Data Center, Moncks Corner, S.C.
- Google Data Center Expansion, Lithia Springs, Ga.
- I-295 Express Lanes, Jacksonville, Fla.
- I-4 Ultimate, Orlando
- I-75 Express Lanes, DB Segment A and B, South Florida
- I-77 Express Lanes, Charlotte
- Kubota Manufacturing Facility, Gainesville, Ga.
- Lidl Regional HQ & Distribution Facility, Graham, N.C.
- Loews Sapphire Falls Resort Hotel at Universal Orlando, Orlando
- Marco Island Marriott Resort, Marco Island, Fla.
- Maysville Bypass, Cumberland and Sampson counties, N.C.
- Met Square, Miami
- Miami Beach Convention Center, Miami Beach, Fla.
- Miami Central, Miami
- One Thousand Museum, Miami
- Oviedo Hospital, Oviedo, Fla.
- Port St. Lucie Crosstown Parkway, Port St. Lucie, Fla.
- Post Millennium Midtown, Atlanta
- Prive at Island Estates, Aventura, Fla.
- Sandy Springs City Center Downtown, Sandy Springs, Ga.
- Snapfinger Wastewater Treatment Facility, DeKalb County, Ga.
- South Airport Automated People Mover Complex, Orlando
- Southern Co. Solar Facility, Butler, Ga.
- Sun Life Stadium, Miami Gardens, Fla.
- Tampa Int'l Airport Automated People Mover Guideway, Tampa
- Valdosta High School, Valdosta, Ga.
- West Orange High School, Orange County, Fla.
- William S. Lee Natural Gas Plant, Belton, S.C.
- Women and Children Pavilion, Lakeland, Fla.