ENR has announced the winners of its Top 20 Under 40 competition in the MidAtlantic region, which celebrates the excellence of young design and construction professionals in Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia and the District of Columbia.
This year’s call for nominations yielded an impressive collection of entries from around the region. An independent jury pored over the entries, judging candidates on the basis of their career experience; industry leadership; community service; and other factors.
"I am very excited to see so many strong leaders coming up the ranks in our industry," commented one judge.
Profiles of the winners will appear in a special March 25, 2013, MidAtlantic edition of ENR.
Congratulations to our winners:
- Addison H. Palmer, Senior Associate, Buildings+Facilities Division, STV, Baltimore, Md.
- Alexander Holbrook, Electrical Engineer, M.C. Dean, Sterling, Va.
- Brian Krause, Manager, Integrated Building Solutions, Turner Construction Company, Washington
- Brian D. Palmer, Preconstruction Director, Duke Realty Corporation, Alexandria, Va.
- Charles Hendricks, Principal/Architect, The Gaines Group, Harrisonburg, Va.
- Christopher Gorthy, Preconstruction Manager, DPR Construction, Falls Church, Va.
- Christopher Magent, Business Development & Strategic Initiatives Director and General Manager State College, Butz Enterprises Inc., State College, Pa.
- Dennis Hogan, Senior Project Engineer, Black & Veatch, Philadelphia
- Drew Langsam, Project Executive, Turner Construction, Special Projects Division, Arlington, Va.
- Erica Carter, Engineer/Water Resources/Utilities/Vice President, Kimley-Horn and Associates,Chesapeake, Va.
- Heather Shinn, Vice President and Program Manager, Parsons Corporation, Washington
- Heather Wishart-Smith, Executive Program Manager, Jacobs, Arlington, Va.
- James Birdsall, Senior Structural Engineer, Parsons Corporation, Washington
- Jonathan U. Dougherty, Director, Corporate Knowledge Center, James G. Davis Construction Corporation, Rockville, Md.
- Kimberly Roy, Senior Vice President, Preconstruction and Strategy, HITT Contracting, Falls Church, Va.
- Lisa Lingerfelt, Project Executive, DPR Construction, Richmond, Va.
- Mark Nagata, Director and Shareholder, Trauner Consulting Services, Philadelphia
- Matthew E. Weko, Senior Vice President, Project and Development Services, Jones Lang LaSalle, Philadelphia
- Michael R. Mascaro, Vice President & Chief Communications Officer, Mascaro Construction Company, Pittsburgh
- Moriel Kaplan, Director, Aon Fire Protection Engineering, Greenbelt, Md.