EDITOR's NOTE: This blog post is being updated regularly with the names of those projects that are likely to be included on the Top Project Starts ranking that will publish in the March 11 print edition of ENR Southeast.
As we do every year, ENR Southeast is gathering up information about the largest construction projects to get started in the four-state region during the previous year. And we're asking for your help!
We're searching McGraw-Hill Construction's Dodge network, reviewing our recent reporting, and checking other web sources--such as DOT sites--to come up with what we hope will be the most comprehensive list possible of the Southeast's major projects.
But there's one more critical source that we need: you.
On last year's Top Project Starts ranking, Turner Construction's $83-million Miami Central Station contract for the Florida Dept. of Transportation ranked 19th. (Image courtesy Turner Construction Co./FDOT)
To help you help us, ENR Southeast has put together a simple survey form that you can use to provide us with the information we'd need to assemble this year's Top Project Starts ranking, which will appear in the March 11 print edition. The quick-and-simple survey form asks for basic information related to costs, schedule and project team members.
If you need a copy of the survey form, you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. (And representatives of any type of firm can send us information, whether you're a contractor, designer or owner.)
First, though, the basics: Projects need to have started construction during 2012, and must be located in the four-state Southeast region that includes Florida, Georgia and the Carolinas.
Also, as its name implies, the Top Project Starts ranking will highlight only the largest contracts to have started during the previous year. Following is an alphabetical list of the top 20 contenders for inclusion on this year's ranking.
2012 Project Starts List:
Editor's Note: It's possible that projects included here on a preliminary basis could eventually be knocked off the final published ranking if we find and confirm enough contracts of larger value. Additionally, publication here is not a guarantee of inclusion on the final ranking, to be published in the March 11 print edition.
- Brickell CitiCentre, Miami
- Broward County Courthouse, Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
- Buckhead Atlanta, Atlanta
- Continental Tire Manufacturing Plant, Sumter, S.C.
- Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport South Runway, Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
- Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport Terminal 4 Gate Replacement, Fort Lauderdale
- Interstate 275 Reconstruction, Tampa
- Interstate 95/Overland Bridge Replacement, Jacksonville, Fla.
- Mall at University Town Center, Sarasota, Fla.
- New Broughton Hospital, Morganton, N.C.
- Oceana Key Biscayne, Key Biscayne, Fla.
- Palm Beach Renewable Energy Facility No. 2, West Palm Beach, Fla.
- Patricia and Phillip Frost Museum of Science, Miami
- Riviera Beach Next Generation Clean Energy Center, Riviera Beach, Fla.
- SunRail Commuter Rail Project - Orange, Osceola, Seminole and Volusia counties, Fla.
- The Edition, Miami Beach, Fla.
- The Mansions at Acqualina, Sunny Isles Beach, Fla.
- U.S. Federal Office Building - Miramar, Fla.
- V.C. Summer Nuclear Station - Jenkinsville, S.C.
- WellStar Paulding Hospital - Hiram, Ga.