ENR California Names 2021's Best Projects' Safety and Sustainability Winners
ENR is pleased to announce ENR California’s 2021 Excellence in Safety and Excellence in Sustainability award winners. The safety and sustainability awards are part of ENR’s annual Regional Best Projects competition.
Each year, a panel of safety experts volunteer to consider projects’ overall safety program, OSHA recordable incident rates, lost time accident rates and total worker hours on the job. Because ENR California received a plethora of 2021 Best Projects entries, we divided the region into two: Northern California and Southern California.
This is the first year ENR is honoring project teams with a separate award for sustainability. A separate panel of judges considered projects based on best practices and innovation on reducing the construction industry’s impact on the environment.
This year's independent panel of safety experts are
- Ted Boyce, Director of Safety, Quality, and Organizational Development, Hathaway Dinwiddie
- Alan Hayes, Safety Director for California, JTM Construction Group Inc.
This year's independent panel of sustainability experts are:
- Sara Neff, Head of Sustainability for Americas Region, Lendlease
- Jenelle Shapiro, Sustainability Director, Webcor
All winning project teams — as well as our Owner of the Year, Design Firm of the Year, Contractor of the Year, Specialty Contractor of the Year and Legacy Award winner — will be celebrated at two live events this fall.
- Southern California: Wednesday, Oct. 13, 2021: Omni Hotel & Resorts Los Angeles, Los Angeles, breakfast 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. For more information: https://www.enr.com/enr-best-projects-awards/los-angeles
- North California: Friday, Oct. 15, 2021: Julia Morgan Ballroom, San Francisco, breakfast 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. For more information: https://www.enr.com/enr-best-projects-awards/san-francisco
Thank you to our judges, and congratulations to all our winners!
Excellence in Safety Award – Northern California
- Cañada College Kinesiology and Wellness Building
Safety Award of Merit – Northern California
- CalPlant Rice Straw-Based MDF Manufacturing Plant
- 237 Moffett Park Drive
Excellence in Sustainability Award – Northern California
- 237 Moffet Park Drive
Sustainability Award of Merit – Northern California
- The Oakland Unified School District Central Kitchen, Instructional Farm, and Education Center
Excellence in Safety Award – Southern California
- 1500 Granville
Safety Award of Merit – Southern California
- SR 58 Kramer Junction CM/GC
- The Thacher School Creative & Technology Building
- WE3 at Water's Edge
Excellence in Sustainability Award – Southern California
- Catherine Santa Monica (Phase 1)
Sustainability Award of Merit – Southern California
- Sharp Rees-Stealy Santee Medical Center
Good work guys
Pictures and plan
Selling the Queen Mary