ENR California is pleased to announced our 2020 Excellence in Safety award winners. The safety awards are part of ENR’s annual Regional Best Projects competition. Each year, a panel of safety experts volunteer to consider projects’ overall safety program, OSHA recordable incident rates, lost time accident rates and total worker hours on the job. Because ENR California received a plethora of 2020 Best Projects entries, we divided the region into two: Northern California and Southern California, which includes Hawaii.
This year's independent panel of safety experts are:
Pat Callahan, Senior Vice President of Operations, Hathaway Dinwiddie
Alan Hayes, Safety Director for California, JTM Construction Group Inc.
All winning project teams — as well as our Owner of the Year, Design Firm of the Year, Contractor of the Year, Specialty Contractor of the Year and Legacy Award winner — will be celebrated at two cyber celebrations this fall. The first, for Northern California winners, is scheduled to take place Monday, Oct. 5, 2020. The second, for Southern California, is scheduled for Friday, Oct. 9, 2020. Both events are complementary, and you can register here for the Northern California breakfast and here for the Southern California event.
Thank you to our judges, and congratulations to all our winners!
Excellence in Safety Award Northern California
- Chase Center Development; San Francisco; submitted by Mortenson | Clark, a joint venture
Excellence in Safety Award Southern California
- Alamitos Energy Center; Long Beach, Calif.; submitted by Kiewit
Excellence in Safety Award of Merit Northern California
- El Camino Health, Scrivner Center for Mental Health & Addiction Services; Mountain View, Calif.; submitted by XL Construction
- El Camino Health, Sobrato Pavilion; Mountain View, Calif.; submitted by Rudolph and Sletten
Excellence in Safety Award of Merit Southern California
- Huntington Beach Energy Project; Huntington Beach, Calif.; submitted by Kiewit
- Long Beach Civic Center; Long Beach, Calif.; submitted by Clark Construction Group LLC
- California State Polytechnic University-Pomona Student Housing; Ponoma, Calif.; submitted by Sundt Construction