Here’s a breakdown of the 44 points that Skanska’s Empire State Building offices garnered to earn LEED Commercial Interiors Platinum status:
• 6 points for sustainable site (e.g., bike rack encouraging alternate transportation)
• 2 points for water efficiency (e.g., low-flow toilets, hand sensors on faucets)
• 12 points for energy and atmosphere (e.g., efficient lighting systems)
• 8 points for materials and resources (e.g., construction waste recycling, recycled material use)
• 16 points for indoor environmental air quality (e.g., daylight exposure, low VOC paints)
• 5 points for innovation, design (e.g., green cleaning guidelines, ISO 14001:2004 status).