Pathways and Barriers – Journeys of Women Reaching for AEC Leadership
Dr. Paul Hickey and Dr. Qingbin Cui, University of Maryland
- Illustrate the gender imbalance in AEC leadership.
- Explore career journeys of women AEC leaders to reveal their successes and challenges in climbing the corporate ladder.
- Discuss the benefits of diversity for increased innovation, higher employee and client engagement, and better business outcomes.
- Review recommendations for firms, clients, and individual women practitioners to improve gender diversity and accelerate career growth.
- Describe methodology for implementing organization change including establishing STEM scholarships, targeted mentoring and sponsorship, and reevaluating RFP requirements.