Call For Speakers
DEADLINE EXTENDED! Final submissions due: Friday, December 8, 2023
Why be a Speaker?
Enjoy the visibility and national recognition of the reputable ENR brand as you share your expertise with the next generation of leaders. Expand your reach, build your network, and elevate your profile as you gain insights on industry trends and themes from other experts! Show that you care about retaining the best and the brightest.
Topics/Activities we are seeking:
- Artificial intelligence applications and ethics in design and construction
- Lessons from innovative and challenging projects
- Technology advances on site
- Interactive or hands-on demonstrations or exhibits (team-building exercise, virtual reality demo)
- Content from or about owners, clients and how to win work
- Addressing global challenges (i.e. resilience, sustainability, inflation, supply chain, economic trends)
- How a personal brand and social media can raise your profile (company and industry)
- Retention programs, mentoring and incentives
- Project management and operations
- Leadership and teambuilding
- Networking tune-ups, being heard in meetings, writing what you mean
- Strategies to foster diversity, equity and inclusion
- Fostering a safe and healthy workplace/jobsite
The primary audience is early career professionals from all walks of the construction industry, including those from design firms, contractors, suppliers, owners and specialty firms, who are looking to develop their skill set. The conference will also benefit more experienced managers to hone their leadership and mentoring approach.
Who Should Submit A Proposal
We are seeking industry experts from a variety of backgrounds who can inspire early-stage construction industry professionals and provide effective workplace enhancement and career development strategies. Proposals are welcome from seasoned industry experts or from people just beginning to transition to leadership roles. We seek a diverse group of speakers, reflecting the broad spectrum of the industry. Our team and attendees will be particularly interested in speakers and topics that have not been presented at previous events - see 2023 agenda for reference.
The conference will feature expert keynotes, panel discussions (3-4 panelists with a moderator) and small-group roundtables over lunch—and we welcome ideas for all of these among the speaker submissions. There also will be plenty of networking opportunities—dedicated breaks (where demos can take place) will be scheduled throughout as well as a luncheon and evening cocktail reception.
- A person or firm may submit multiple proposals.
- Proposals will be evaluated by ENR based on their value to the audience of early career professionals, their fresh new ideas that have not been discussed in the past, and their diversity of presenters.
- Length and format of presentations selected for the 2024 program will be determined by ENR and coordinated with the presenters.
- Speakers will receive a complimentary registration ($475 value).
- Speaker is responsible for their own travel and hotel expenses. Event has secured a discount group rate of $139/night at the Loews Chicago, where the event takes place. Find travel information here.
Deadline extended: December 8, 2023
The selection committee will start evaluating ideas and inviting speakers on a rolling basis starting Oct. 1. Don't delay your submission!