ENR Mountain States is moving ahead with our research on the largest new projects started in our seven-state region last year. We are seeking projects that broke ground (meaning that actual construction started on them) between Jan. 1 and Dec. 31, 2018.
Our sources include information from Dodge Data & Analytics, past ENR stories, surveys from individual firms and other industry reports.
The projects can be located in any of the following states—Utah, Colorado, Wyoming, Idaho, Montana and the Dakotas—and represent any type of construction, from pipelines, heavy-highway and infrastructure work to new building projects and renovations.
The final list, ranked in order by dollar volume of construction cost, will appear in the April issue of the magazine and here on our website.
To date, the top starts list is an impressive mix of infrastructure, renovations, multifamily, commercial buildings, educational facilities, offices and mixed-use projects.
But it is not yet complete. If you have a big project that broke ground last year within the region and think it should be included on our list, please e-mail me the details (project name, location, dollar amount, date started, owner and scheduled completion) at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me at 303-526-0620. I can add it to the list up until the last week of March.
Here, in alphabetical order (not ranked), are some of the biggest new projects that got underway in the Mountain States in 2018. There will be more to come, and this list will change and grow, as we hear from you, our readers.
- 39th Avenue Greenway Park Hill Detention Design-Build, Denver
- 6900 Layton Avenue Office Tower, Denver
- Block 9 Tower, Fargo, N.D.
- Block 162, Denver
- Breckenridge Water Treatment Plant No. 2, Breckenridge, Colo.
- Crocker Wind Farm, Clark County, S.D.
- DIA Gate Expansions Project, Denver International Airport, Denver
- DIA Terminal Renovation, Denver International Airport, Denver
- East Range Crossings Apartments, Denver
- Frontier Wind Farm, McHenry County, N.D.
- I-25 South Gap Project, Castle Rock to Monument, Colo.
- I-25 North Improvements, Johnstown to Fort Collins, Colo.
- I-70 Central, Denver
- Idaho Cobalt Project, Blackfoot, Idaho
- Logan Regional Wastewater Treatment Facility, Logan, Utah
- Meridian Oil Refinery, Belfield, N.D.
- Minnehaha County Jail Expansion, Sioux Falls, S.D.
- Mountain View Hospital Addition, Idaho Falls, Idaho
- Thunder Spirit Wind Farm, Phase 2, Hettinger, N.D.
- Zia Apartments, Denver